2017 Yamaha R15-based naked V-Ixion R to be launched in Indonesia
The Yamaha Motor Company has announced that it'll launch the new V-Ixion R in Indonesia later this month. The V-Ixon R is the street naked version of the 2017 YZF-R15 and shares the same Deltabox frame as well as the 155cc, liquid-cooled, fuel injected motor. Besides this, the alloy wheels, brakes and suspension is also similar to its racier sibling.
Design wise, the V-Ixon R features a single piece headlamp, chunky fuel tank, with extensions that doubles up as radiator shrouds, a belly pan, single piece seat and minimal bodywork at the rear.
The riding position is also changed to offer a more upright, street riding position and this has been achieved by replacing the clip-ons on the YZF-R15 with a single-piece handlebar and relatively forward set footpegs.
The Yamaha YZF-R15 has been a game changer in the Indian market, however, with the passage of time, the R15 has been facing stiff competition. While Yamaha has recently launched the the 2017 YZF-R15 in Indonesia, the Indian arm of the company seems in no hurry to launch the bike in the market.
Starts Rs 20,39,233
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra eKUV100 EV SUV spotted testing
- NewsBenelli Imperiale 400, the Jawa and Royal Enfield rival launched in India for Rs 1.69 lakh
- NewsBajaj Chetak: Top five facts you should know
- NewsNext-generation 2020 Skoda Octavia leaked ahead of Frankfurt debut
- News2020 Baojun 530 facelift SUV (MG Hector) launched in China