2017 Yamaha R15-based naked V-Ixion R to be launched in Indonesia
The Yamaha Motor Company has announced that it'll launch the new V-Ixion R in Indonesia later this month. The V-Ixon R is the street naked version of the 2017 YZF-R15 and shares the same Deltabox frame as well as the 155cc, liquid-cooled, fuel injected motor. Besides this, the alloy wheels, brakes and suspension is also similar to its racier sibling.
Design wise, the V-Ixon R features a single piece headlamp, chunky fuel tank, with extensions that doubles up as radiator shrouds, a belly pan, single piece seat and minimal bodywork at the rear.
The riding position is also changed to offer a more upright, street riding position and this has been achieved by replacing the clip-ons on the YZF-R15 with a single-piece handlebar and relatively forward set footpegs.
The Yamaha YZF-R15 has been a game changer in the Indian market, however, with the passage of time, the R15 has been facing stiff competition. While Yamaha has recently launched the the 2017 YZF-R15 in Indonesia, the Indian arm of the company seems in no hurry to launch the bike in the market.
Starts Rs 19,85,424
- NewsForce Gurkha Xtreme brochure leaked, technical specifications revealed
- NewsMumbai rains: Here are the areas you should be careful driving through
- FeaturesJeep Compass longterm review: Introduction
- NewsSpotted: Ducati Panigale V4 with carbon fibre body
- NewsAuto component maker Varroc Group keen on global acquisitions
- NewsVolkswagen I.D. R all-electric racecar breaks Pikes Peak Hill Climb record
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak