2018 Aprilia SR 125 first ride image gallery
We have just ridden the 2018 Aprilia SR 125 and you can read our first ride review here. With the SR 125, Aprilia has not only introduced a smaller sibling to its scooter lineup in India, but also made its way into the now-growing 125cc segment where the Suzuki Access 125 had been ruling. In recent months, Honda, and Hero have also marked their presence in this segment. Priced at a premium over the other scooters in the segment, we find out if the Aprilia SR 125 justifies that with what it has on offer. The SR 125 takes after its larger sibling, the Aprilia SR 150, in terms of styling which is great. What's new is less racy graphics, new colours including the blue you see on our review vehicle, and a slightly longer seat. Aprilia is targeting a younger customer with this one.
Here's a closer look at the 2018 Aprilia SR 125:
The body panels of the Aprilia are shared with the SR 150 but the design chooses a less exuberant theme to soften up the sleek and sharp silhouette just a bit
There are no standard grab rails on the Aprilia SR 15 that make it a bit harder than necessary to put the scooter on the centre stand
Note the missing side-stand on the Aprilia SR 125. Ours was under the seat packed in a box - it's an optional extra!
The 14" alloy wheels are still the business! The Aprilia SR 125 has the biggest wheels in its class and in the corners, they really do bring the shine!
We do wish Aprilia had tuned the SR 125's front forks to be a little more compliant. The ride feels jittery in many places and is always a stiff one. This feels sporty for sure but requires really, really good roads to truly sparkle
Vee Rubber tyres and these brakes? Oh very yes. The Aprilia SR 125 never lacks for grip and the brakes are the best on an Indian scooter at this time
Images: Anis Shaikh
Starts Rs 71,224
Starts Rs 82,317
Starts Rs 55,977
- NewsRoyal Enfield sets foot in South Korea - sales, service and spares operations commenced
- News2019 Tata Tigor facelift compact sedan spotted testing
- News2019 Euro NASCAR: Advait Deodhar scores rookie podium despite difficult season-opener
- FeaturesIndian Election Campaign Vehicles (IECV)
- NewsHyundai Venue: How does it stack up against the competition?
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip