2018 Audi A5 Sportback (Rs 54.02 lakh), A5 Cabriolet (Rs 67.15 lakh) and S5 Sportback (Rs 70.60 lakh) launched in India
The 2018 Audi A5 Sportback, the Audi A5 Cabriolet and the Audi S5 Sportback have been launched in India today. The Audi A5 Sportback is priced at Rs 54.02 lakh, the Audi A5 Cabriolet at Rs 67.15 lakh and the Audi S5 at Rs 70.60 lakh (all prices are ex-Mumbai). All three models are being sold in India as CBUs (complete built-up unit). At these prices, the Audi A5 Sportback doesn't really have a direct competitor, but the Audi A5 Cabriolet will take on the Mercedes-Benz C-Class Cabriolet, while the Audi S5 will go up against the Mercedes-AMG C 43.
The Audi A5 Sportback is sold with just one engine option -- a 2.0-litre TDI
The Audi A5 is available only with a 2.0-litre turbo-diesel engine which produces 190PS and 400Nm, and a 7-speed DSG. However, it will be available only with a front-wheel drive drivetrain. The Audi A5 Cabriolet is offered with the same engine option as the Sportback, but features the brand's all-wheel drive quattro system. The Audi S5 Sportback continues to use the 3.0-litre turbo-charged V6 petrol from the previous generation car, but makes more power and torque -- 356PS/500Nm, up from 333PS/440Nm. We recently drove the Audi S5 in Jaipur and Lijo, who is very hard to impress, came back hoping to add the car to his garage someday.
Starts Rs 55.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 69.24 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 39.82 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 3.49 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches a new mobile service initiative for Tier - 2 and Tier - 3 called 'Service on Wheels'
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter to be launched in India tomorrow
- News10,000th Isuzu vehicle rolled out of its plant in SriCity
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in a black paint option in India
- News2018 FIM Trial-E Cup: Yamaha's Kenichi Kuroyama rides TY-E electric trials bike to win in first two rounds
- NewsTriumph Street Triple RS gets two new colour options in India
- NewsFord crosses one million customer milestone in India