2018 Audi A5 Sportback, S5 Sportback, and A5 Cabriolet to be launched in India on October 5, 2017
Audi will launch the 2018 Audi A5 Sportback sedan and its racier Audi S5 Sportback sibling as well as the Audi A5 Cabriolet in India on October 5, 2017. The trio, being called the 'brat pack' in an Audi invite has been previously launched in international markets. The Audi A5 and the Audi S5, as their names suggest, sit above the Audi A4 in the Audi model lineup. We previewed the 2018 Audi A5 Sportback recently. The 2018 Audi A5 gets a three-dimensional single-frame grille that has become wider and flatter than earlier. Unlike the chrome-treated grille, this one comes in a matte black finish. The sports trim gets a minor change in the grille finish. The rear is reminiscent of the beautiful Audi A7 Sportback. Internationally, the A5 and S5 compete with the BMW 4 Series and Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe models, which are not available in available in India. While the two Sportback models will feature the usual 5-door layout, the Audi A5 Cabriolet will be a two-door convertible. The A5 Sportback may be priced in the Rs 45-50 lakh range, with the other two models priced incrementally.
2018 Audi A5 Sportback
Since the 2018 Audi A5 is bigger in dimensions, the cabin has an additional 17mm length along with an increase in the shoulder room and the knee room. The boot space has gone up to 480L. In terms of features, the 2018 Audi A5 comes equipped with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity options. Along with that, the 2018 Audi A5 comes equipped with Google Earth navigation system. In addition, the Audi A5 also gets an optional 3D Bang and Olufsen Sound System.
On the mechanical side, the new Audi A5 has shaved off 60kg over the first-gen A5 and has a slippery drag coefficient of 0.25. The new A5 is going to be offered with five engine options in the UK, two petrol, and three diesel units. Power figures start at a healthy 190PS and going up to 286PS. There is also a 3.0-litre turbocharged V6 which will feature on the S5, which produces 354PS (21PS over the outgoing S5). This makes the new S5 good for a 4.7 seconds standstill sprint to 100kmph. Which of these engine options make it to India and how much they will cost will be revealed at launch on October 5.
Starts Rs 55.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 38.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 69.24 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 40 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show