Auto Expo 2018: Hyundai to launch i20 facelift and showcase Ioniq and N performance cars
The most anticipated motor show, the 2018 Auto Expo, is scheduled to take place from February 9-14 2018 at India Expo Mart in Greater Noida. What makes the Delhi Motor Show an important event is the fact that it will offer a platform to various automobile brands to showcase as well as launch their new range of offerings for domestic as well as global markets. While team OVERDRIVE will be covering the event to bring out all the latest updates as and when they happen, here is a look at what you can expect to see at the Hyundai pavilion at the Auto Expo 2018.
Hyundai i20 facelift
Hyundai i20 facelift (Image source: motorbeam)
Hyundai has been testing the i20 facelift in India for quite some time now. The Korean car manufacturer will launch the updated hatchback i.e. the Hyundai i20 facelift at the 2018 Auto Expo. The engine options that will be offered on the new hatch might be revised with a new petrol motor along with a new automatic transmission unit. In addition, the new Hyundai i20 is expected to get a design revision with tweaked bumpers, new grille and also an update in the cabin with additional features. We believe the Hyundai i20 facelift will be competitively priced against its rivals in India.
Last year, Hyundai had confirmed its plan of bringing the Ioniq hybrid sedan to India. Internationally, the Ioniq is available in three versions - electric, plug-in hybrid and hybrid. However, we believe the hybrid model will debut in our shores next year. To position it competitively and price it aggressively, Hyundai will be looking at assembling the Ioniq in India, instead of importing as CBU. he automobile brand is looking at pricing the Ioniq between Rs 25-30 lakh, making it more economical than its rivals, the Toyota Camry Hybrid and the Honda Accord Hybrid.
Hyundai N performance
Visitors of the 2016 Auto Expo might remember the N performance concept supercar. And for this iteration, Hyundai is expected to unveil a new concept that might go into actual production. While it has been speculated that Hyundai might also bring in the i30 N Sport, we believe that might not happen in this year's show.
Starts Rs 43.21 Lakhs
Starts Rs 29.75 Lakhs
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches a new mobile service initiative for Tier - 2 and Tier - 3 called 'Service on Wheels'
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter to be launched in India tomorrow
- News10,000th Isuzu vehicle rolled out of its plant in SriCity
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in a black paint option in India
- News2018 FIM Trial-E Cup: Yamaha's Kenichi Kuroyama rides TY-E electric trials bike to win in first two rounds
- NewsTriumph Street Triple RS gets two new colour options in India
- NewsFord crosses one million customer milestone in India
- NewsPrice check: BMW G 310 R vs BMW G 310 GS vs KTM 390 Duke vs KTM RC 390 vs TVS Apache RR 310 vs Kawasaki Ninja 300
- NewsOfficial: BMW Motorrad India launches G 310 R and G 310 GS motorcycles at Rs 2.99 and Rs 3.49 lakh!