2018 Auto Expo: Maruti Suzuki opens India's biggest motor show with the Concept Future-S
Maruti Suzuki will launch the much-awaited Maruti Suzuki Swift in India tomorrow at 1230 pm. But today the Auto Expo 2018 show opens with the Maruti Suzuki Concept Future-S. Maruti Suzuki India says the Concept Future-S is designed to reduce traffic congestion in India. The highlights will be design, head room, ride height and a commanding driving position. The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza was the first car to be completely designed in India and the company says it clear that bold, smart design is important to car buyers. Maruti Suzuki has, of course, big plans. It intends to launch its first electric vehicle in 2020 and it's clear that not only will it move all of its cars to BS VI, but there is a plan to have electric powertrains across the range also.
The Concept-S talks about best in class space from a compact SUV. The design is very bold in the sense that the front of the car uses more or less upright surfaces and the A-pillar is nearly vertical. The ultra-slim grille and headlights give the Concept S a sleek and mean look.
Maruti Suzuki says the Concept S is the design language that defines their vision for compact cars in India. Kenichi Ayukawa, MD, Maruti Suzuki said, "Compact needs a fresh design language, one that is bold, confident and dynamic. Our designers have created this brand new design, aggressive on the outside and bold and inviting interiors. Nothing like this has ever been attempted on a vehicle this size."
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for all the LIVE updates from the Auto Expo 2018
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
- NewsHow automotive manufacturers are helping combat the Coronavirus crisis
- NewsCoronavirus Impact: TVS extends its free services and AMC contract untill June
- NewsProject Pitlane- F1 Teams to Make Ventilators to Treat Corona Patients
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Hyundai Motors help government battle the Covid-19 virus
- NewsBSVI: What happens to BSIV stock after the Supreme Court's judgement?
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055