Auto Expo 2018: Maruti Suzuki to showcase e-Survivor electric SUV concept
The Suzuki e-Survivor SUV concept looks ready to hit the 2018 Auto Expo stall of Maruti Suzuki India next month. The Suzuki e-Survivor concept was first showcased at the Tokyo Motor Show 2017. The Suzuki e-Survivor is an electric vehicle (EV) and comes powered by two electric motors for the front and back wheels. The Suzuki e-Survivor SUV, as stated by the company earlier, inherits the magnetic identity of Suzuki from the Jimny (Gypsy in India) and the Vitara. The Suzuki e-Survivor will have the off-road potential of the Jimny as can be seen from the large wheels housed in those big arches and the see-through doors. The e-Survivor is designed with a two-seater configuration and may receive a second row of seats as it reaches production form around 2020. However, so far we do not know when Maruti Suzuki will bring a production-ready e-Survivor to India.
The upcoming SUV will have a compact ladder on frame construction. At the same time, the Suzuki e-Survivor will have features and other comfort elements from the flagship SUV, the Vitara. The concept features rearview cameras instead of mirrors whereas the dashboard sports screens that house the infotainment controls and navigation settings. With the dual electric motors for the front and back, the e-Survivor SUV will feature four-wheel drive.
Electric powertrains are the direction in which Maruti Suzuki will progress ahead and the e-Survivor concept is a preview of things to expect from the automobile manufacturer. Suzuki has also recently begun work on setting up a battery plant for electric vehicles in Gujarat and tied up with Toyota to form an electric vehicle plan for India by 2020. The Suzuki e-Survivor is expected to enter global production in 2020 as well.
Here's a quick video of the e-Survivor from Tokyo Motor Show 2017 for you:
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block