Auto Expo 2018: Maruti Suzuki to showcase e-Survivor electric SUV concept
The Suzuki e-Survivor SUV concept looks ready to hit the 2018 Auto Expo stall of Maruti Suzuki India next month. The Suzuki e-Survivor concept was first showcased at the Tokyo Motor Show 2017. The Suzuki e-Survivor is an electric vehicle (EV) and comes powered by two electric motors for the front and back wheels. The Suzuki e-Survivor SUV, as stated by the company earlier, inherits the magnetic identity of Suzuki from the Jimny (Gypsy in India) and the Vitara. The Suzuki e-Survivor will have the off-road potential of the Jimny as can be seen from the large wheels housed in those big arches and the see-through doors. The e-Survivor is designed with a two-seater configuration and may receive a second row of seats as it reaches production form around 2020. However, so far we do not know when Maruti Suzuki will bring a production-ready e-Survivor to India.
The upcoming SUV will have a compact ladder on frame construction. At the same time, the Suzuki e-Survivor will have features and other comfort elements from the flagship SUV, the Vitara. The concept features rearview cameras instead of mirrors whereas the dashboard sports screens that house the infotainment controls and navigation settings. With the dual electric motors for the front and back, the e-Survivor SUV will feature four-wheel drive.
Electric powertrains are the direction in which Maruti Suzuki will progress ahead and the e-Survivor concept is a preview of things to expect from the automobile manufacturer. Suzuki has also recently begun work on setting up a battery plant for electric vehicles in Gujarat and tied up with Toyota to form an electric vehicle plan for India by 2020. The Suzuki e-Survivor is expected to enter global production in 2020 as well.
Here's a quick video of the e-Survivor from Tokyo Motor Show 2017 for you:
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India