Auto Expo 2018: Renault DeZir electric concept to be showcased
The festive season is nearly here and Renault will be encashing on it with its newest offering, the Captur SUV. It doesn't end there as the French carmaker will be showcasing its electric concept DeZir at the 2018 Auto Expo, scheduled to take place between February 9-14, 2018.
The Renault DeZir's body is made from Kevlar, to reduce weight
The Renault DeZir made its first public appearance at the 2010 Paris Motor Show. It is s 2-seater all-electric coupe with butterfly styled doors and all red interiors. The French carmaker states that that the 24kWh lithium-ion battery provides the car with a range of 160kms in one full charge. The basic motor is the same as the unit used for Renault's production electric cars, however, its power and torque ratings have been increased to 148PS and 226Nm respectively.
To make the Renault DeZir a lightweight offering, the body is made from Kevlar, while its tubular steel frame is similar to that used in the Mégane Trophy race car. The flowing lines and the aerodynamic design have helped Renault to bring down the coefficient of drag to 0.28. Renault claims that the DeZir can reach 100kmph in just five seconds.
The French carmaker will be showcasing its electric concept DeZir at the 2018 Auto Expo
The Renault DeZir electric concept comes equipped with a similar technology as KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery System) seen in Formula 1 cars. When the car decelerates, kinetic energy is recovered and stored in the battery, which can then be used by the driver to provide a temporary power boost the performance.
While there is still time for the Renault DeZir electric concept to make its first appearance in India, it is the Renault Captur SUV that hits dealerships in the coming weeks. The Renault Captur will battle it out with Hyundai Creta, the Jeep Compass and the Mahindra XUV500 in India.
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 14.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
- NewsKTM RC200 now available with a black colour option
- NewsNext-generation Mercedes-Benz CLS 300d to launch in India during the festive season
- FeaturesImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG C43 sedan and coupe
- News2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus 9-seater SUV launched in India at Rs 9.47 lakh
- FeaturesAll you need to know: New Mercedes-Benz C-Class
- NewsMercedes-Benz set to launch new C-Class range in October
- NewsTriumph India announces second edition of Tiger Trails Spiti
- NewsBreaking: Audi and Hyundai to collaborate on fuel cell technology development for cars
- NewsImage gallery: Facelifted 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class gets an updated C 220d diesel variant
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C200 petrol facelift breaks cover