Auto Expo 2018: Top 5 most awaited cars in India
The most anticipated motor show, the 2018 Auto Expo, is scheduled to take place from February 9-14 2018 at India Expo Mart in Greater Noida. What makes the Delhi Motor Show an important event is the fact that it will offer a platform to various automobile brands to showcase as well as launch their new range of offerings for domestic as well as global markets. While team OVERDRIVE will be covering the event to bring out all the latest updates as and when they happen, here is a look at what you can expect to see at the 4 wheeler pavilions at the Auto Expo 2018.
1) New Maruti Suzuki Swift
The new Maruti Suzuki Swift is based on the same lightweight platform, which also underpins cars like the Baleno and the Ignis. Though the petrol and diesel powertrain options remain unchanged, Maruti Suzuki has introduced automated manual transmission on both the models.
2) Tata X451
The Tata X451 is expected to be more spacious than the Elite i20 and the Baleno and is expected to be priced competitively too
The Tata X451 hatchback will compete with the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno and the Hyundai Elite i20. It is the first product based on Tata's new Advanced Modular Platform (AMP), which is slated to underpin all Tata small cars in the future. It will also feature the new Impact 2.0 design language.
3) Tata Q501
The Tata Q501 SUV will be a flagship offering above the Hexa that will be offered in both 5- and 7-seat configurations. The Q501 SUV is also expected to get 4x4 drivetrain and other host of tech that was seen on the Land Rover Freelander 2, considering both of them share the same platform. The Tata Q501 will locks horns with the Jeep Compass, Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour.
4) Honda Civic
The Civic is all set to make a comeback to India. The new-gen Honda Civic gets a sleeker design and comes equipped with the latest in features. It will be powered an all new three-cylinder 1.0-litre engine that makes 129PS/200Nm. In addition, there will be a 182PS/240Nm 1.5-litre VTEC turbo petrol motor mated to 6-speed manual transmission as standard.
5) Mercedes-Benz EQ Concept
The Mercedes-Benz EQ Concept is a crossover that has the typical elements of new-generation MB concepts like flashy blue lights, clean and smooth bodywork, reflective panels and tons of sci-fi looking lighting and infotainment systems. The powertrain consists of a 70kWh battery system mated to electric motors that are capable of delivering over 400PS of power, 700Nm of torque and over 600km of driving range.
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 14.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.36 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 26.2 Lakhs
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches a new mobile service initiative for Tier - 2 and Tier - 3 called 'Service on Wheels'
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter to be launched in India tomorrow
- News10,000th Isuzu vehicle rolled out of its plant in SriCity
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in a black paint option in India
- News2018 FIM Trial-E Cup: Yamaha's Kenichi Kuroyama rides TY-E electric trials bike to win in first two rounds
- NewsTriumph Street Triple RS gets two new colour options in India
- NewsFord crosses one million customer milestone in India
- NewsPrice check: BMW G 310 R vs BMW G 310 GS vs KTM 390 Duke vs KTM RC 390 vs TVS Apache RR 310 vs Kawasaki Ninja 300
- NewsOfficial: BMW Motorrad India launches G 310 R and G 310 GS motorcycles at Rs 2.99 and Rs 3.49 lakh!