2018 Bajaj Avenger Street 220 images leaked ahead of launch in India
The 2018 Bajaj Avenger Street 220 has been spied undisguised just before its launch in India, later this month. The 2018 Bajaj Avenger Street 220 receives a host of styling updates and new features but seems to retain the same mechanicals as the current iteration of the cruiser from Bajaj Auto. The leaked images show many styling changes as well modern features on the 2018 Bajaj Avenger Street 220. These include new red and silver graphics reminiscent of the Bajaj V15, on a matte black paint job. The 2018 Bajaj Avenger Street now also sports all-digital instrumentation. The headlamp unit now has a silver bezel and above it is a small fly-screen similar to that seen on the Harley-Davidson Street 750. There is also a new LED taillamp that looks sharper. The side panels get a refresh, while the rear grab-handle has some cushioning on top now.
Bajaj Auto seems to be preparing as the entry-level cruiser segment is about to witness more launches in 2018. The Bajaj Avenger is currently on sale in three variants - Bajaj Avenger Street 150 and 220 as well as Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220. The prices of all three variants already undercut its only direct competitor, the Suzuki Intruder 150 which was launched recently at Rs 98,340 (ex-showroom), and Bajaj intends to keep it that way.
However, with the likes of Honda also eyeing a piece of the pie with the Honda Rebel 300, Bajaj Auto is also looking to add a bigger engine to the line-up, possibly borrowed from the Bajaj Dominar 400. The Avenger design has remained more or less similar since its launch as the Bajaj Eliminator in 2001.
Starts Rs 84,499
Starts Rs 1,42,109
Starts Rs 64,179
Starts Rs 5,17,000
Starts Rs 1,06,896
- NewsNew Porsche 911 GT3 RS laps the Nurburgring in under 7 minutes
- NewsYamaha Tenere 700 prototype spied testing in Italy
- News2018 INRC: Vicky Chandhok to compete in Chennai Rally in a VW Polo R2
- News2018 Honda Amaze showcased in TVC before launch on May 16
- News2018 Tata Nexon AMT bookings open at Rs 11,000 across India
- NewsBMW iX3 Concept teased before Beijing auto show reveal
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims dominant win at COTA
- NewsMahindra Electric and Meru to ply eVerito EV cabs in Hyderabad
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 catches attention of Prince William
- NewsMahindra (Ssangyong) G4 Rexton spotted testing in India