2018 Bajaj Avenger Street 220 images leaked ahead of launch in India
The 2018 Bajaj Avenger Street 220 has been spied undisguised just before its launch in India, later this month. The 2018 Bajaj Avenger Street 220 receives a host of styling updates and new features but seems to retain the same mechanicals as the current iteration of the cruiser from Bajaj Auto. The leaked images show many styling changes as well modern features on the 2018 Bajaj Avenger Street 220. These include new red and silver graphics reminiscent of the Bajaj V15, on a matte black paint job. The 2018 Bajaj Avenger Street now also sports all-digital instrumentation. The headlamp unit now has a silver bezel and above it is a small fly-screen similar to that seen on the Harley-Davidson Street 750. There is also a new LED taillamp that looks sharper. The side panels get a refresh, while the rear grab-handle has some cushioning on top now.
Bajaj Auto seems to be preparing as the entry-level cruiser segment is about to witness more launches in 2018. The Bajaj Avenger is currently on sale in three variants - Bajaj Avenger Street 150 and 220 as well as Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220. The prices of all three variants already undercut its only direct competitor, the Suzuki Intruder 150 which was launched recently at Rs 98,340 (ex-showroom), and Bajaj intends to keep it that way.
However, with the likes of Honda also eyeing a piece of the pie with the Honda Rebel 300, Bajaj Auto is also looking to add a bigger engine to the line-up, possibly borrowed from the Bajaj Dominar 400. The Avenger design has remained more or less similar since its launch as the Bajaj Eliminator in 2001.
Starts Rs 84,499
Starts Rs 1,42,109
Starts Rs 64,179
Starts Rs 5,25,000
Starts Rs 1,06,896
- NewsVolkswagen I.D R Pikes Peak wins hill climb shootout at 2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed
- NewsTVS Apache RR310 can now be had with an Akrapovic Racing Line exhaust system
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS to have a 2-3 month long waiting period in India
- NewsYamaha Cygnus Ray ZR Street Rally launched in India at Rs 57,898
- NewsMobile showroom from Audi to tour more than 30 cities in India
- Review2018 Toyota Yaris V MT road test review
- Review2018 Kia Rio X-line first drive review
- NewsGoodyear launches the Assurance TripleMax 2 tyre range in India
- NewsAishwarya Pissay to be part of Sherco TVS Rally Factory squad at 2018 Baja Aragon
- NewsDani Pedrosa announces his retirement from MotoGP