2018 Bajaj Dominar 400 goes on sale in new colours
Bajaj Auto has updated its flagship motorcycle, the Dominar 400 with new paint schemes. The plum, blue and white colours the bike was launched in originally have been discontinued and the bike is on sale in three new colours which are matte black, blue and red. Additionally, the alloy wheels are now finished in matte golden to offer a more premium feel. The bike was on display in all three colours at the launch of the Bajaj Discover 110 and Discover 125, where Bajaj Auto also showcased is entire 2018 range of motorcycles, including the refreshed Avenger Street 220 and Avenger Cruise 220 that will go on sale soon.
The 2018 Bajaj remains the same as before mechanically but is now on offer in this bright shade of red as well, which looks very appealing
There are no mechanical changes to the Dominar 400 for 2018 and the engine, gearbox and chassis are exactly the same as before. Just to remind you, the Bajaj Dominar 400 is powered by a 373cc, liquid-cooled single cylinder engine that was developed along with the KTM 390 Duke's engine. The Dominar 400 employs Bajaj Auto's patented DTS-i technology over the KTM engine and uses triple spark plugs to improve combustion. Its outputs stand at 35PS and 35Nm and the six-speed gearbox the engine is mated to uses a slipper clutch. The bike is on offer in non-ABS and ABS versions both, just like before. Prices haven't changed and the Bajaj Dominar 400 retails at Rs 1.42 lakh and 1.56 lakh ex-showroom New Delhi, for the non-ABS and ABS versions respectively.
This shade of blue, which Bajaj Auto is calling the Glacier Blue, replaces the earlier dark blue shade on the Dominar 400 that was called midnight blue
Starts Rs 1,49,045
Starts Rs 87,827
Starts Rs 52,326
Starts Rs 2,35,931
Team OD | 11 Jan 2019
- NewsBMW 7 Series facelift debuts in China, gets a 40 per cent larger grille!
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first dealership in Nashik, Maharashtra
- News2019 Skoda Superb Corporate edition launched in India at Rs 23.99 lakh
- FeaturesSimple tech: Camshafts
- NewsDakar 2019 Stage 9: Al-Attiyah claims Car category, Metge wins Moto class
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani