2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630
The Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with a rear disc brake has begun being dispatched to dealerships in India. Apart from the disc, the updated NS160 also features a new alloy wheel design. According to reports, the new motorcycle variant has been priced at Rs 82,630 (ex-showroom, Pune). The rear disc brake addition takes the price up by around Rs 2,000 from the rear drum brake version of the motorcycle. Other than these updates, the motorcycle remains unchanged in terms of design as well as mechanicals.
This new version of the Bajaj Pulsar NS160 came to light after a video appeared on Youtube showing the motorcycle equipped with a rear disc brake. The video also shows the motorcycle's new alloy wheel design, similar to the one seen on the recently updated Pulsar 150.
No other mechanical changes have been reported. This means that the premium commuter motorcycle will continue to be powered by a 160.3 cc, four-valve, single-cylinder engine producing 15.5 PS and 14.6 Nm. The engine is paired with a 5-speed gearbox. Weighing in at 142 kgs, the NS160 sits on a double cradle frame from the NS200 and comes with telescopic forks up front and a mono-shock at the rear. A new rear disc is most likely a 230mm unit.
This could also have been a good opportunity for Bajaj to introduce ABS but the cost might have been a factor in this decision. The Bajaj Pulsar NS160 is already a popular model and this addition helps to improve the bike's safety credentials. The Bajaj Pulsar NS160 competes with the likes of the TVS Apache RTR 160 4V, Honda CB Hornet and Suzuki Gixxer.
Here's the video:
Starts Rs 82,624
Starts Rs 77,015
Starts Rs 79,215
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show