2018 Bentley Continental GT launching in India on March 24
The all-new, third generation Bentley Continental GT, first shown at the Frankfurt Motor Show last year, is launching in the country on March 24 in New Delhi. This car is powered by a reworked version of the last GT's 6.0 litre twin-turbo W12 petrol which now produces 634PS and 900Nm (up by 44PS and 225 Nm over the older car). The new car can do 0 to 100kmph in 3.7s, quicker by 0.8s, while claimed top speed has increased from 319kmph to 333kmph. The new MSB aluminium architecture this car shares with the Porsche Panamera has helped reduce weight by 85kg to 2250kg. Power is sent to the wheels via an 8-speed automatic and a new active all-wheel drive system is standard. Other notable features include a new 48-volt electrical system and a brake-based torque vectoring system which helps improve the driving dynamics of the Continental GT. The car is also wider by 25mm while the wheelbase is up by 110mm. The Continental GT is expected to be priced from Rs. 1.5 crore (excluding taxes and duties).
The exterior design is inspired by the the EXP 10 Speed 6 concept car which translates into a sharper design with more aggressive haunches. The front wheels have been shifted forward by 135mm to further give the car a sportier stance. The front is distinguished by new crystal-cut Matrix LED headlights while the LED tail lamps have been redesigned as well. The car is equipped with 21-inch wheels as standard and has the option for 22-inch wheels.
On the inside, the new Bentley Continental GT gets high-quality leathers, sustainably-sourced veneers and technical finishes inspired by Swiss watches. The centre console is equipped with a rotating display, a three sided unit which incorporates a 12.3-inch touchscreen display but can revolve to reveal the touchscreen as well as three analogue dials.
This is the most exhaustive update to the Continental GT since its launch in 2003. With this new car, Bentley is hoping to compete better with sportier rivals like the Aston Martin DB11 and the Ferrari GTC4 Lusso while also improving on the traditional Bentley traits of comfort and long-distance touring ability.
Starts Rs 1.7 Crore
Starts Rs 4.05 Crore
Starts Rs 2.03 Crore
- News2018 INMRC: Jagan Kumar widens lead in the Super Sport category
- NewsLive updates: Vazirani Shul electric hypercar showcased in India
- NewsMaserati Ghibli Ribelle is an all-black limited edition offering for the EMEA markets
- News2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 twin and Interceptor 650 twin prices out!
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross facelift spotted testing in India
- NewsTriumph India to launch six new motorcycles by June 2019
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know