2018 Bentley Continental GT launching in India on March 24
The all-new, third generation Bentley Continental GT, first shown at the Frankfurt Motor Show last year, is launching in the country on March 24 in New Delhi. This car is powered by a reworked version of the last GT's 6.0 litre twin-turbo W12 petrol which now produces 634PS and 900Nm (up by 44PS and 225 Nm over the older car). The new car can do 0 to 100kmph in 3.7s, quicker by 0.8s, while claimed top speed has increased from 319kmph to 333kmph. The new MSB aluminium architecture this car shares with the Porsche Panamera has helped reduce weight by 85kg to 2250kg. Power is sent to the wheels via an 8-speed automatic and a new active all-wheel drive system is standard. Other notable features include a new 48-volt electrical system and a brake-based torque vectoring system which helps improve the driving dynamics of the Continental GT. The car is also wider by 25mm while the wheelbase is up by 110mm. The Continental GT is expected to be priced from Rs. 1.5 crore (excluding taxes and duties).
The exterior design is inspired by the the EXP 10 Speed 6 concept car which translates into a sharper design with more aggressive haunches. The front wheels have been shifted forward by 135mm to further give the car a sportier stance. The front is distinguished by new crystal-cut Matrix LED headlights while the LED tail lamps have been redesigned as well. The car is equipped with 21-inch wheels as standard and has the option for 22-inch wheels.
On the inside, the new Bentley Continental GT gets high-quality leathers, sustainably-sourced veneers and technical finishes inspired by Swiss watches. The centre console is equipped with a rotating display, a three sided unit which incorporates a 12.3-inch touchscreen display but can revolve to reveal the touchscreen as well as three analogue dials.
This is the most exhaustive update to the Continental GT since its launch in 2003. With this new car, Bentley is hoping to compete better with sportier rivals like the Aston Martin DB11 and the Ferrari GTC4 Lusso while also improving on the traditional Bentley traits of comfort and long-distance touring ability.
Starts Rs 1.7 Crore
Starts Rs 4.05 Crore
Starts Rs 2.03 Crore
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh
- NewsEESL puts second tender to acquire 10,000 EVs on hold
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 68,000
- NewsLive Updates: Suzuki Burgman Street 125 India launch
- News2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed: Polestar 1 production-spec prototype debuts
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 3.49 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch