2018 Blancpain GT Series Asia: Aditya Patel and OD Racing finish in the points at Fuji Speedway
The double header race at Fuji Speedway, rounds seven and eight of the Blancpain GT Series Asia threw up interesting problems for the six teams of Audi Sport customer racing Asia. The flowing Fuji track, with its 1.45km long straight and high speed corners, plays to cars with high top speeds. This is an aspect in which the Audi R8 LMS GT3 cars have been at a noticeable disadvantage, due to Balance of Performance regulations, versus the rest of the grid.
Despite this setback, Aditya Patel, of OD Racing Team WRT, set the sixth fastest time during practice. Unfortunately, that pace was just short for qualifying, with Patel and teammate starting the first race of the weekend down the grid in thirteenth.
ð" RACE 1 RESULT - FUJI ð¯ðµ
Result remains provisional. pic.twitter.com/Uu8lprcszg
- Blancpain GT Asia (@BlancpainGTA) July 21, 2018
Having fought back to tenth place and the last position in the points in race one, that would remain their best finish of the weekend. In race two, the duo managed a 16th place finish after starting the race in 23rd position on the grid. The 2018 season hasn't been kind to the Indian-Malaysian duo so far, after they missed out on winning the 2017 championship by a single point.
Notably, all the six Audi Sport customer racing teams managed a best of four-point scoring finishes between them. In the overall GT3 championship, Absolute Racing with drivers Cheng Congfu and Martin Rump at the helm of an R8 LMS GT3 are placed third currently. There are two more rounds left in the GT3 championship, with a double-header each at the Shanghai International Circuit and the Ningbo International Speedpark, both in China.
Starts Rs 2.55 Crore
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India
- NewsImage gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
- NewsDucati Multistrada 1260 Enduro breaks cover
- News2019 Kawasaki Z900 launched in India at Rs 7.68 lakh, same price as earlier
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: KTM India set to launch 125 Duke in India next month?