2018 Blancpain GT Series Asia: Aditya Patel and OD Racing finish in the points at Fuji Speedway
The double header race at Fuji Speedway, rounds seven and eight of the Blancpain GT Series Asia threw up interesting problems for the six teams of Audi Sport customer racing Asia. The flowing Fuji track, with its 1.45km long straight and high speed corners, plays to cars with high top speeds. This is an aspect in which the Audi R8 LMS GT3 cars have been at a noticeable disadvantage, due to Balance of Performance regulations, versus the rest of the grid.
Despite this setback, Aditya Patel, of OD Racing Team WRT, set the sixth fastest time during practice. Unfortunately, that pace was just short for qualifying, with Patel and teammate starting the first race of the weekend down the grid in thirteenth.
ð" RACE 1 RESULT - FUJI ð¯ðµ
Result remains provisional. pic.twitter.com/Uu8lprcszg
- Blancpain GT Asia (@BlancpainGTA) July 21, 2018
Having fought back to tenth place and the last position in the points in race one, that would remain their best finish of the weekend. In race two, the duo managed a 16th place finish after starting the race in 23rd position on the grid. The 2018 season hasn't been kind to the Indian-Malaysian duo so far, after they missed out on winning the 2017 championship by a single point.
Notably, all the six Audi Sport customer racing teams managed a best of four-point scoring finishes between them. In the overall GT3 championship, Absolute Racing with drivers Cheng Congfu and Martin Rump at the helm of an R8 LMS GT3 are placed third currently. There are two more rounds left in the GT3 championship, with a double-header each at the Shanghai International Circuit and the Ningbo International Speedpark, both in China.
Starts Rs 2.55 Crore
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing
- NewsThe Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign concept is headed to production in 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV seven-seater version to debut in 2019, one of three major Tata launches next year
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Skoda Scala
- News2019 Skoda Scala premium hatchback unveiled internationally
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India crosses the 40 lakh sales milestone
- Review2019 Tata Harrier first drive review
- NewsKia Motors India donates Niro Hybrid, Niro PHEV and Niro EV to Andhra Government, signs MoU
- NewsWatch the Skoda Scala hatchback's international debut here live