2018 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Sport launched at Rs 46.60 lakh
BMW has launched a new variant of the 3 Series Gran Turismo, named the Sport, at a price of Rs 46.6 lakh, ex-showroom. With the new model, BMW aims to provide a more attainable model with a sporty edge to the Gran Turismo portfolio, particularly the diesel lineup. The range currently consists of the 320d Luxury Line and the 330i M Sport trim, priced at Rs 49.2 lakh and Rs 51.2 lakh respectively.
The new 3 GT Sport, which revives the old-generation car's nameplate, will be produced locally alongside the other models at the company's plant in Chennai. Exterior design changes are limited to high gloss black trim for the grille and other key areas around the car. The Sport is available in Alpine White, Black Sapphire and Imperial Blue. The interiors are available with the Ash Grain inserts on the dash, while the upholstery can be specced in black/red or in beige. The equipment list includes paddleshifters, non-adaptive LED headlights, 8.8-inch touchscreen infotainment with Apple/Android connectivity, front/rear parking sensors/cameras and six airbags. The 10.5-inch multifunction instrument display has been given a miss, compared to the Luxury Line and M Sport.
The 3 GT Sport will be powered by the same 2-litre four-cylinder diesel mated to an eight speed automatic, which does duty in the Luxury Line. Power figures stand at 190PS and 400Nm torque, with a claimed 0-100kmph time of 7.7 seconds.
Starts Rs 39.8 Lakhs
- NewsSpec comparo: Honda CBR650R v Suzuki GSX-S750 v Kawasaki Ninja 650 v Triumph Street Triple S
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Alto 800 facelift launched at Rs 2.93 lakh, comes with BSVI compliant engine
- NewsHonda Amaze VX CVT launched in India at Rs 8.56 lakh, ex-showroom
- OpinionOff-Road Driving - The Right Way
- NewsHonda CB650R street naked motorcycle on cards for the Indian market?
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip