2018 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Sport launched at Rs 46.60 lakh
BMW has launched a new variant of the 3 Series Gran Turismo, named the Sport, at a price of Rs 46.6 lakh, ex-showroom. With the new model, BMW aims to provide a more attainable model with a sporty edge to the Gran Turismo portfolio, particularly the diesel lineup. The range currently consists of the 320d Luxury Line and the 330i M Sport trim, priced at Rs 49.2 lakh and Rs 51.2 lakh respectively.
The new 3 GT Sport, which revives the old-generation car's nameplate, will be produced locally alongside the other models at the company's plant in Chennai. Exterior design changes are limited to high gloss black trim for the grille and other key areas around the car. The Sport is available in Alpine White, Black Sapphire and Imperial Blue. The interiors are available with the Ash Grain inserts on the dash, while the upholstery can be specced in black/red or in beige. The equipment list includes paddleshifters, non-adaptive LED headlights, 8.8-inch touchscreen infotainment with Apple/Android connectivity, front/rear parking sensors/cameras and six airbags. The 10.5-inch multifunction instrument display has been given a miss, compared to the Luxury Line and M Sport.
The 3 GT Sport will be powered by the same 2-litre four-cylinder diesel mated to an eight speed automatic, which does duty in the Luxury Line. Power figures stand at 190PS and 400Nm torque, with a claimed 0-100kmph time of 7.7 seconds.
Starts Rs 39.8 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- NewsPiaggio launches updated Aprilia SR150, Vespa and mobile connectivity app
- NewsMercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain to be launched in India on September 28
- NewsJaguar Land Rover India now offering advanced connectivity features on Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Discovery
- NewsVolvo Car India opens a boutique showroom in Noida
- News2018 TVS Ntorq 125 launched in Metallic Red paint option
- FeaturesImage gallery: OD SUV Slugfest
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 RT with new larger boxer engine revealed
- NewsImage gallery: Audi e-tron electric SUV unveiled
- NewsLive Updates: Vespa and Aprilia to launch new products in India
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil