2018 Datsun Go and Go+ unveiled in India
Datsun today unveiled the facelifted Datsun Go hatchback and it's MPV derivative, the Go+.
The two cars have received a few styling tweaks. There is a new and more sculpted bumper design with new LED DRLs and new inserts. The grille has a new pattern and the headlamps have been slightly reworked as well. Other changes include new outside mirrors with turn indicators, larger 14-inch wheels and a rear wash/ wiper.
The 2018 Datsun Go
The interiors have received a complete revamp. There is a new instrument cluster with an analogue tachometer, a new 7-inch touchscreen with Android auto and Apple Carplay. The Go+ MPV gets a two-tone colour scheme while the Go has an all-black layout. The interiors have lost the front-row middle seat as well.
The 2018 Datsun Go+ - note the more sculpted front bumper
The cars are an altogether better safety proposition now with the addition of the two standard airbags and ABS, reverse parking sensors and a seatbelt reminder.
The cars now get a revamped interior and a new infotainment system
Mechanically, the cars remain unchanged. They are based on the V platform which they also share with the Nissan Micra. The Datsun GO+ MT and 2018 Datsun GO+ use the 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol engine that produces 68PS and 104Nm. The Go can accelerate from 0 to 100 kmph in 13.3s.
Bookings have already begun for these cars at Rs 11,000. Expect a slight premium over the Rs 3.38 to 4.41 lakh for the current Go and Rs 3.95 lakh to Rs 5.25 lakh for the Go+.
Starts Rs 3.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.99 Lakhs
- NewsDelhi government announces EV policy, up to Rs 1.5 lakh subisidy for electric passenger vehicles
- NewsToyota Fortuner TRD Limited Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 34.98 lakh
- NewsUpcoming new-gen Mahindra Thar SUV spied: Everything we know so far
- NewsKia Sonet powertrain details, including segment-first six-speed diesel automatic
- News2020 Kia Sonet SUV: Top 10 feature highlights