2018 Ducati Monster 821 unveiled
Ducati has taken the wraps off the 2018 Monster 821, launched to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the first Monster 900, which is the inspiration behind the Monster 821. The refreshed motorcycle features a new headlamp, redesigned fuel tank and tail section that harks back to the 1992 version of the Monster 900. Other changes includes a new dual silencer that Ducati says is both contemporary as well as classic. The 2018 Monster 821 also gets a brand new colour TFT instrument cluster that also displays the selected gear as well as a fuel indicator. Ducati has also introduced the new Ducati Yellow colour that's exclusive to the Monster 821. The colour will be in addition to the Ducati Red and Matte Black colours.
The 2018 Ducati Monster 821 is powered by a 821cc, liquid-cooled Testaretta L-Twin motor that develops 110PS at 9,250 and 86Nm at 7,750rpm. The engine is mated to a six-speed transmission. The Monster 821 also gets the Ducati Safety Pack which includes the Bosch ABS and Ducati Traction Control or DTC. The bike has three riding modes- Sport, Touring and Urban.
The bike gets 43mm forks at the front and an adjustable shock at the rear. Braking duties are take care of by dual 320mm front discs and Brembo M-4.32 radial calipers. Ducati is also offering the Ducati Quick Shift (Up/down) and Ducati Multimedia System as accessories.
The 2018 Ducati Monster 821 is the first of the five new 2018 Ducati models. The other motorcycles will be revealed at the Ducati World Premier on Sunday, November 5, 2017.
Starts Rs 9,56,000
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally
- NewsIsuzu India announces cricketer Jonty Rhodes as new brand ambassador for D-Max V-Cross
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra Marazzo MPV cabin revealed, available in 7 and 8 seater layouts