2018 Ducati Monster 821 unveiled
Ducati has taken the wraps off the 2018 Monster 821, launched to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the first Monster 900, which is the inspiration behind the Monster 821. The refreshed motorcycle features a new headlamp, redesigned fuel tank and tail section that harks back to the 1992 version of the Monster 900. Other changes includes a new dual silencer that Ducati says is both contemporary as well as classic. The 2018 Monster 821 also gets a brand new colour TFT instrument cluster that also displays the selected gear as well as a fuel indicator. Ducati has also introduced the new Ducati Yellow colour that's exclusive to the Monster 821. The colour will be in addition to the Ducati Red and Matte Black colours.
The 2018 Ducati Monster 821 is powered by a 821cc, liquid-cooled Testaretta L-Twin motor that develops 110PS at 9,250 and 86Nm at 7,750rpm. The engine is mated to a six-speed transmission. The Monster 821 also gets the Ducati Safety Pack which includes the Bosch ABS and Ducati Traction Control or DTC. The bike has three riding modes- Sport, Touring and Urban.
The bike gets 43mm forks at the front and an adjustable shock at the rear. Braking duties are take care of by dual 320mm front discs and Brembo M-4.32 radial calipers. Ducati is also offering the Ducati Quick Shift (Up/down) and Ducati Multimedia System as accessories.
The 2018 Ducati Monster 821 is the first of the five new 2018 Ducati models. The other motorcycles will be revealed at the Ducati World Premier on Sunday, November 5, 2017.
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Andrea Dovizioso wins thrilling season opener at Qatar
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm flagged off in Noida
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero 450 RR to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh