2018 F3 Asian Championship: Armaan Ebrahim's MSport team confirms participation
The newly launched F3 Asian Championship has now got an Indian team on the grid. Armaan Ebrahim will join hands with race engineer Patrick Roberts, and will field the MSport team in the FIA-certified championship.
The series, which will consist of 15 races that will be held over five rounds, is being run by Shanghai-based company Top Speed. Ten teams will compete in the series, including Msport, which is an arm of Meco Motorsport. In total, there are expected to be 24 cars on the grid when the first round of the championship kicks off in Malaysia between the 13th and 15th of July, 2018.
Speaking of his new role as team principal, Armaan Ebrahim who has competed in F2 and most recently the Lamborghini Super Trofeo Asia series stated, "MSport will have a two-driver line-up which we will announce in due course. It is an exciting venture and we are hopeful of putting up a good show in the new Championship."
Other teams competing in the championship are China's Absolute Racing, Black Arts Racing (BAR) and Zen Motorsport; Eurasia from Hong Kong, Super License from Japan and Pinnacle Motorsport from the Philippines. Italy-based SVC Asia and UK's Hitech GP are the two European teams to have confirmed for the championship, along with Los Angeles-based Chase Own Racing.
Speaking of the championship, Davide De Gobbi, General Manager, Top Speed, said: "We are thrilled to announce such a strong line-up of 10 professional and experienced teams for the F3 Asian Championship certified by FIA. Never before has an Asia-based single-seater championship been given such a ringing endorsement by some of sport's most respected teams."
July 9-10: Official test, Sepang International Circuit, Malaysia
July 13-15: Round 1, Sepang International Circuit, Malaysia
Aug 31-Sept 2: Round 2, Ningbo International Speedway, China
Sept 21-23: Round 3, Shanghai International Circuit, China
Oct 12-14: Round 4, Ningbo International Speedway, China
Nov 23-25: Round 5, Sepang International Circuit, Malaysia
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards
- NewsLive updates: 2019 India-spec Nissan Kicks
- NewsImage gallery: India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV interior
- News2019 Honda CB1000R+, Gold Wing Tour DCT, CBR1000RR Fireblade and CBR1000RR Fireblade SP launched in India
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Racing M5Electro Formula E electric race car
- NewsMahindra Racing's M5Electro Formula E electric race car debuts in India ahead of 2019 season opener
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices across range from January 1, 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki registers five lakh cumulative CNG vehicle sales in India
- NewsTeams from Varanasi, Delhi and Vellore win Shell Eco Marathon India
- NewsMcLaren 720S Spider convertible revealed, locks horns with Ferrari 488