2018 F3 Asian Championship: Armaan Ebrahim's MSport team confirms participation
The newly launched F3 Asian Championship has now got an Indian team on the grid. Armaan Ebrahim will join hands with race engineer Patrick Roberts, and will field the MSport team in the FIA-certified championship.
The series, which will consist of 15 races that will be held over five rounds, is being run by Shanghai-based company Top Speed. Ten teams will compete in the series, including Msport, which is an arm of Meco Motorsport. In total, there are expected to be 24 cars on the grid when the first round of the championship kicks off in Malaysia between the 13th and 15th of July, 2018.
Speaking of his new role as team principal, Armaan Ebrahim who has competed in F2 and most recently the Lamborghini Super Trofeo Asia series stated, "MSport will have a two-driver line-up which we will announce in due course. It is an exciting venture and we are hopeful of putting up a good show in the new Championship."
Other teams competing in the championship are China's Absolute Racing, Black Arts Racing (BAR) and Zen Motorsport; Eurasia from Hong Kong, Super License from Japan and Pinnacle Motorsport from the Philippines. Italy-based SVC Asia and UK's Hitech GP are the two European teams to have confirmed for the championship, along with Los Angeles-based Chase Own Racing.
Speaking of the championship, Davide De Gobbi, General Manager, Top Speed, said: "We are thrilled to announce such a strong line-up of 10 professional and experienced teams for the F3 Asian Championship certified by FIA. Never before has an Asia-based single-seater championship been given such a ringing endorsement by some of sport's most respected teams."
July 9-10: Official test, Sepang International Circuit, Malaysia
July 13-15: Round 1, Sepang International Circuit, Malaysia
Aug 31-Sept 2: Round 2, Ningbo International Speedway, China
Sept 21-23: Round 3, Shanghai International Circuit, China
Oct 12-14: Round 4, Ningbo International Speedway, China
Nov 23-25: Round 5, Sepang International Circuit, Malaysia
- News2018 Aston Martin Vantage to be launched in India today
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories