2018 F3 Asian Championship: Armaan Ebrahim's MSport team confirms participation
The newly launched F3 Asian Championship has now got an Indian team on the grid. Armaan Ebrahim will join hands with race engineer Patrick Roberts, and will field the MSport team in the FIA-certified championship.
The series, which will consist of 15 races that will be held over five rounds, is being run by Shanghai-based company Top Speed. Ten teams will compete in the series, including Msport, which is an arm of Meco Motorsport. In total, there are expected to be 24 cars on the grid when the first round of the championship kicks off in Malaysia between the 13th and 15th of July, 2018.
Speaking of his new role as team principal, Armaan Ebrahim who has competed in F2 and most recently the Lamborghini Super Trofeo Asia series stated, "MSport will have a two-driver line-up which we will announce in due course. It is an exciting venture and we are hopeful of putting up a good show in the new Championship."
Other teams competing in the championship are China's Absolute Racing, Black Arts Racing (BAR) and Zen Motorsport; Eurasia from Hong Kong, Super License from Japan and Pinnacle Motorsport from the Philippines. Italy-based SVC Asia and UK's Hitech GP are the two European teams to have confirmed for the championship, along with Los Angeles-based Chase Own Racing.
Speaking of the championship, Davide De Gobbi, General Manager, Top Speed, said: "We are thrilled to announce such a strong line-up of 10 professional and experienced teams for the F3 Asian Championship certified by FIA. Never before has an Asia-based single-seater championship been given such a ringing endorsement by some of sport's most respected teams."
July 9-10: Official test, Sepang International Circuit, Malaysia
July 13-15: Round 1, Sepang International Circuit, Malaysia
Aug 31-Sept 2: Round 2, Ningbo International Speedway, China
Sept 21-23: Round 3, Shanghai International Circuit, China
Oct 12-14: Round 4, Ningbo International Speedway, China
Nov 23-25: Round 5, Sepang International Circuit, Malaysia
- NewsNew Porsche 911 GT3 RS laps the Nurburgring in under 7 minutes
- NewsYamaha Tenere 700 prototype spied testing in Italy
- News2018 INRC: Vicky Chandhok to compete in Chennai Rally in a VW Polo R2
- News2018 Honda Amaze showcased in TVC before launch on May 16
- News2018 Tata Nexon AMT bookings open at Rs 11,000 across India
- NewsBMW iX3 Concept teased before Beijing auto show reveal
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims dominant win at COTA
- NewsMahindra Electric and Meru to ply eVerito EV cabs in Hyderabad
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 catches attention of Prince William
- NewsMahindra (Ssangyong) G4 Rexton spotted testing in India