2018 Fiat Cronos sedan to rival Volkswagen Virtus in South America
Fiat has been teasing the new-gen sedan called the Cronos on their social platform. And now we know how it finally looks. The new-gen Fiat Cronos sedan is based on the company's Argo hatchback. It is being said that the 2018 Fiat Cronos sedan will lock horns with the recently showcased Volkswagen Virtus, a Polo based sedan, in the South American market. Should it come to India, the 2018 Fiat Cronos will compete with the Honda City and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.
The 2018 Fiat Cronos sedan gets its styling cues from the Argo hatchback
In terms of styling, the 2018 Fiat Cronos takes it design inspiration from the Argo hatch, that can be seen with the sleek headlights and the contoured bonnet. However, the styling is not too similar the hatch, as the Cronos gets a different radiator grille and a distinct bumper design with more crease lines. All of which makes the sedan look as sporty yet distinct compared to the Argo hatch. The 2018 Fiat Cronos gets diamond cut alloys and Audi-isque LED taillight design. The cabin layout and features are expected to be similar to the hatch.
The powertrains that will be offered on the 2018 Fiat Cronos sedan include a 1.3-litre petrol and a 1.8-litre flex-fuel. The smaller displacement petrol motor puts out 109PS and is mated with a 5-speed manual transmission. The latter generates a maximum of 139PS and is paired with a 6-speed automatic unit.
The 2018 Volkswagen Cronos will debut next year and will rival the VW Virtus in South America
The 2018 Fiat Cronos sedan will be manufactured at the company's Cordoba plant in Argentina. And will be targeted to their local markets before entering other international markets. There is no word from Fiat India about any plans of getting the 2018 Cronos sedan here. However, we strongly believe that the Italian automobile manufacturer should consider getting the Cronos here to compete with the Honda City and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.
Starts Rs 8.77 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
- NewsRefreshed Isuzu MU-X SUV launched in India at Rs 26.26 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Isuzu MU-X SUV launch in India
- NewsDucati concludes first edition of DRE Track Days in India
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga to be launched in India on November 21
- FeaturesWhy the Historic Monaco Grand Prix should be on your bucket list
- NewsMG Motor to launch all-electric SUV in India by 2020
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors