2018 FIM Trial-E Cup: Yamaha's Kenichi Kuroyama rides TY-E electric trials bike to win in first two rounds
Yamaha Factory Racing Team's Kenichi Kuroyama rode the all-new TY-E electric trials bike to a win in the first of two rounds of the FIM Trial-E Cup, held alongside Round 5 of the FIM Trial World Championship in Auron, France. This event, held on July 15 and 16, was the competition debut of this electric motorcycle.
In the qualifying session on the opening day, Kuroyama put the TY-E on pole position. The Japanese rider carried this good run into the second day as well. The main event saw him get off to a promising start by recording no marks on his first lap of the 15 sections. Kuroyama took just two marks on his second lap, finishing his run with 2 marks and 28 cleans in total. This result helped him win his and the TY-E's first entry in the Trial-E Cup.
Kuroyama will be aiming to repeat this performance in the second and final round of the series alongside the TrialGP Belgium round in Comblain-au-Pont on July 21 and 22.
Speaking on this win, Kenichi Kuroyama said it was great to start this series with a victory. There was a mixture of fast sections and demanding climbs and he was happy with the overall performance of the new electric bike. He said that gaining some competition time on the TY-E, they were able to collect some valuable feedback that he was confident will help them return even stronger in the following round of the series in Belgium. He went on to say he was really satisfied with the progress they made and couldn't wait to get back at it this coming weekend.
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea
- NewsLambretta EV to be launched in India in 2020
- News2019 Toyota Camry hybrid to launch in India on January 18
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019