2018 Ford Aspire facelift compact sedan details revealed ahead of launch tomorrow
Ford India is about to launch the 2018 Aspire facelift compact sedan in the country tomorrow, October 4. Bookings for the 2018 Ford Aspire facelift had already begun for a booking amount of Rs 11,000 earlier. Now, more details of the sub-4m sedan have emerged including its the major changes and its trim options. All the changes are aimed at making the Aspire a closer competitor for other cars in the segment including the Maruti Suzuki Dzire and the Honda Amaze.
These changes include a new bumper with silver inserts similar to the black ones on the new Freestyle, a redesigned headlamp cluster, new fog lamp housings and a larger front grille finished in silver. Changes to the rear are limited to new inserts in the rear bumper and a subtle black lip at the bottom to break the visual bulk of the rear end. A new alloy wheel design will also be available on the top-spec Titanium trim seen in these pictures.
The interior will get a new two-tone black and beige colour scheme. Most notably, this facelift will see the addition of ford's Sync3 infotainment system via a new floating touchscreen in the centre console. Repositioned air vents and piano-black accents complete the changes to the interior.
The biggest change mechanically is the addition of the 1.2-litre Dragon motor seen on the Freestyle, which makes 96PS/120Nm. The diesel variant will continue to be offered with the 1.5-litre 100PS/215Nm motor. The Aspire will be available in five trims, Ambiente, Trend, Trend+,Titanium, and Titanium+ at launch. The Aspire will also be offered in an automatic variant which will come powered by Ford's 1.5-litre petrol engine which produces 125PS/150Nm, but only in the Titanium trim.
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race
- NewsMahindra becomes first Indian carmaker to drive to Everest base camp