2018 Ford Aspire facelift compact sedan details revealed ahead of launch tomorrow
Ford India is about to launch the 2018 Aspire facelift compact sedan in the country tomorrow, October 4. Bookings for the 2018 Ford Aspire facelift had already begun for a booking amount of Rs 11,000 earlier. Now, more details of the sub-4m sedan have emerged including its the major changes and its trim options. All the changes are aimed at making the Aspire a closer competitor for other cars in the segment including the Maruti Suzuki Dzire and the Honda Amaze.
These changes include a new bumper with silver inserts similar to the black ones on the new Freestyle, a redesigned headlamp cluster, new fog lamp housings and a larger front grille finished in silver. Changes to the rear are limited to new inserts in the rear bumper and a subtle black lip at the bottom to break the visual bulk of the rear end. A new alloy wheel design will also be available on the top-spec Titanium trim seen in these pictures.
The interior will get a new two-tone black and beige colour scheme. Most notably, this facelift will see the addition of ford's Sync3 infotainment system via a new floating touchscreen in the centre console. Repositioned air vents and piano-black accents complete the changes to the interior.
The biggest change mechanically is the addition of the 1.2-litre Dragon motor seen on the Freestyle, which makes 96PS/120Nm. The diesel variant will continue to be offered with the 1.5-litre 100PS/215Nm motor. The Aspire will be available in five trims, Ambiente, Trend, Trend+,Titanium, and Titanium+ at launch. The Aspire will also be offered in an automatic variant which will come powered by Ford's 1.5-litre petrol engine which produces 125PS/150Nm, but only in the Titanium trim.
Starts Rs 5.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.81 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.45 Lakhs
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000
- NewsTVS Apache RR 310, NTorq 125 and Apache RTR 160 4V launched in Peru
- NewsNissan India to increase prices across its range from January 1, 2019
- NewsNew for 2020 Volkswagen Passat teased for North America
- Review2018 Hyundai Santro AMT road test review
- News2019 Jawa Forty Two: Image Gallery
- News2019 Jawa: Image gallery
- NewsVolkswagen being investigated for selling pre-production cars to customers