2018 Ford Aspire to be launched in India on October 4
Ford is all set to launch the 2018 Aspire in India on October 4. The updated Ford Aspire sedan was unveiled earlier this year for the international markets. The one that is sold in the South African markets is the one manufactured at Ford's Sanand facility. We expect the updated Aspire to feature the same design and interior changes as the one shown in the images below
The Aspire is sold as the Figo sedan in South Africa. The design changes that the sedan gets is subtle in nature
Other than this, most changes seen on the sedan will make its way to the Indian-spec car. These changes are a new bumper with silver inserts similar to the black ones on the new freestyle, a redesigned headlamp cluster, and a larger front grille finished in silver. Changes to the rear are limited to new inserts in the rear bumper and a subtle black lip at the bottom to break the monotony. South African cars get six colour options - Oxford White, Deep Impact Blue, Moondust Silver, Ruby Red, Smoke (Grey), and White Gold.
The interior gets the new dash design from the Freestyle. The South African cars miss out on the top Titanium trim and consequently the 6.5-inch Sync 3 infotainment from the Freestyle. The Indian-spec Aspire/Figo will offer this though. Mechanically, the South-African Figo get the new 1,5-litre Dragon petrol which debuted on the facelifted Ecosport. Unsurprisingly, Indian cars will get the 1.2-litre Dragon motor seen on the Freestyle, which makes 96PS/120Nm. The diesel variant will continue to be offered the 1.5-litre 100PS/215Nm motor.The Figo/Aspire twins have not been the most successful for Ford. this update should bring them closer to rivals like the recently launched Honda Amaze, in terms of features and styling.
Starts Rs 5.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.1 Lakhs
- NewsHyundai exports 5000 cars in May
- NewsMercedes-Benz all set to launch the new GLS on June 17
- NewsRenault, Nissan and Mitsubishi cars to share more commonality than ever before
- NewsLego now gets its hands on the Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsIntents Mobi app is helping truckers map services along India's road network, while getting paid for it
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!