2018 Ford Figo caught testing in India, to get new 1.5-litre three-cylinder petrol motor?
Earlier this month, Ford launched the new EcoSport with a tweaked design and a new petrol motor in addition to the diesel unit. And now the company is readying to launch the 2018 Ford Figo aka the Ford Figo facelift in India. The test mules of the new Ford Figo were recently spotted testing in India. And we believe the test cars looked production ready meaning the launch can be expected sometime in mid-2018.
The 2018 Ford Figo gets a tweaked design to make it look sportier than the existing model
Ford India brought the present Figo in 2015 and therefore a mid-life facelift was expected from the company. The camouflaged test vehicles of the 2018 Ford Figo reveal the tweaked design that the hatch would get. First if the radiator grille, that would feature a mesh pattern instead of the slats that we see on the existing model. Looks familiar? Yes, it does bear some resemblance to that of the Ford Focus sold in the international markets. The headlight cluster remains unchanged but the bumpers will get a design revision. The side and the rear profiles too were covered, might get subtle design revisions. The cabin of the 2018 Ford Figo too is expected to go through a design and features update. We hope Ford offers the new infotainment system that was recently introduced in the EcoSport with CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity options.
The mesh pattern of the grille on the 2018 Ford Figo replaces the slat design
Under the hood, the 2018 Ford Figo will use the same 100PS/215Nm diesel motor that does duty in the present offering. However, the petrol unit might be replaced with the all-new 1.5-litre three-cylinder unit that made its debut in the new Ford EcoSport. The Dragon motor makes 123PS and generates 150Nm of torque. This motor comes with a 5-speed transmission as standard or can be optioned with a 6-speed automatic.
We believe the 2018 Ford Figo will be showcased to the Indian audiences at the 2018 Auto Expo, scheduled to take place in February next year. Presently, the Ford Figo competes with Maruti Suzuki Swift and the Hyundai Grand i10 in India.
- NewsMahindra Marazzo garners over 10,000 bookings since launch
- NewsTata Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP to launch in India on October 26
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV