2018 Ford Figo facelift to launch in India around October
Ford India seems to have a comprehensive product plan for the year. After the launch of the 2018 Ford Freestyle compact crossover, and news of the 2018 Ford Aspire compact sedan launching in June comes information of the launch of the 2017 Ford Figo facelift hatchback. The new Figo is expected around October, reports suggest. The new Figo is a mid-cycle refresh to the current hatchback from Ford. It will primarily feature cosmetic updates, along with one standout mechanical update. The 2018 Ford Figo facelift will also get the 1.2-litre Dragon series Ti-VCT three-cylinder petrol engine.
The 2018 Ford Figo facelift should take its design cues from the 2018 Ford Ka+ for the European market
This, Ford claims, is the most powerful 1.2-litre petrol engine in the country. We have also seen it on the recently launched Ford Freestyle. The design of the refreshed Figo will be based on the European-spec 2018 Ford Ka+ which has already been unveiled. The updated Figo has already been spotted testing in India as well.
Coming to the updates, the refresh will bring a more proportionate front grille with a chrome mesh pattern, restyled bumpers with C-shaped detail at the front and back, as well as updated headlights and tail lights. There could also be a new alloy wheel design.
Inside, there will be some revisions to the centre console to make it less cluttered. The new SYNC 3 infotainment system with 6.5-inch touchscreen will also be available. The dashboard should be similar to the one we have seen on the Freestyle.
The 1.2-litre Ti-VCT petrol will replace the current 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol. The 1.5-litre TDCi diesel should continue. Both these engines come mated to the five-speed manual gearbox. The bigger 1.5-litre petrol may also be replaced with the 1.5-litre Dragon engine from the EcoSport, albeit in a detuned form, mated to a six-speed torque converter automatic transmission.
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.09 Lakhs
- NewsNational Racing Championship 2018 : Arjun Narendran dominates the ITC class in Round 3
- News2018 Blancpain GT Series Asia: Aditya Patel and OD Racing finish in the points at Fuji Speedway
- News2018 Baja Aragon: Sherco TVS factory rally team's Michael Metge wins 35th edition of event
- NewsFCA appoints Mike Manley as the new CEO
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT to be launched in India in early September
- NewsConfirmed: Bajaj Auto to introduce Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 and Svartpilen 401 motorcycles in India next year
- NewsNew Hyundai Santro/Atos spotted testing again before launch
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300