2018 Ford Figo facelift to launch in India around October
Ford India seems to have a comprehensive product plan for the year. After the launch of the 2018 Ford Freestyle compact crossover, and news of the 2018 Ford Aspire compact sedan launching in June comes information of the launch of the 2017 Ford Figo facelift hatchback. The new Figo is expected around October, reports suggest. The new Figo is a mid-cycle refresh to the current hatchback from Ford. It will primarily feature cosmetic updates, along with one standout mechanical update. The 2018 Ford Figo facelift will also get the 1.2-litre Dragon series Ti-VCT three-cylinder petrol engine.
The 2018 Ford Figo facelift should take its design cues from the 2018 Ford Ka+ for the European market
This, Ford claims, is the most powerful 1.2-litre petrol engine in the country. We have also seen it on the recently launched Ford Freestyle. The design of the refreshed Figo will be based on the European-spec 2018 Ford Ka+ which has already been unveiled. The updated Figo has already been spotted testing in India as well.
Coming to the updates, the refresh will bring a more proportionate front grille with a chrome mesh pattern, restyled bumpers with C-shaped detail at the front and back, as well as updated headlights and tail lights. There could also be a new alloy wheel design.
Inside, there will be some revisions to the centre console to make it less cluttered. The new SYNC 3 infotainment system with 6.5-inch touchscreen will also be available. The dashboard should be similar to the one we have seen on the Freestyle.
The 1.2-litre Ti-VCT petrol will replace the current 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol. The 1.5-litre TDCi diesel should continue. Both these engines come mated to the five-speed manual gearbox. The bigger 1.5-litre petrol may also be replaced with the 1.5-litre Dragon engine from the EcoSport, albeit in a detuned form, mated to a six-speed torque converter automatic transmission.
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.09 Lakhs
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh