2018 Ford Figo facelift to launch in India around October
Ford India seems to have a comprehensive product plan for the year. After the launch of the 2018 Ford Freestyle compact crossover, and news of the 2018 Ford Aspire compact sedan launching in June comes information of the launch of the 2017 Ford Figo facelift hatchback. The new Figo is expected around October, reports suggest. The new Figo is a mid-cycle refresh to the current hatchback from Ford. It will primarily feature cosmetic updates, along with one standout mechanical update. The 2018 Ford Figo facelift will also get the 1.2-litre Dragon series Ti-VCT three-cylinder petrol engine.
The 2018 Ford Figo facelift should take its design cues from the 2018 Ford Ka+ for the European market
This, Ford claims, is the most powerful 1.2-litre petrol engine in the country. We have also seen it on the recently launched Ford Freestyle. The design of the refreshed Figo will be based on the European-spec 2018 Ford Ka+ which has already been unveiled. The updated Figo has already been spotted testing in India as well.
Coming to the updates, the refresh will bring a more proportionate front grille with a chrome mesh pattern, restyled bumpers with C-shaped detail at the front and back, as well as updated headlights and tail lights. There could also be a new alloy wheel design.
Inside, there will be some revisions to the centre console to make it less cluttered. The new SYNC 3 infotainment system with 6.5-inch touchscreen will also be available. The dashboard should be similar to the one we have seen on the Freestyle.
The 1.2-litre Ti-VCT petrol will replace the current 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol. The 1.5-litre TDCi diesel should continue. Both these engines come mated to the five-speed manual gearbox. The bigger 1.5-litre petrol may also be replaced with the 1.5-litre Dragon engine from the EcoSport, albeit in a detuned form, mated to a six-speed torque converter automatic transmission.
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.09 Lakhs
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India