2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
Ford has revealed the facelifted Ford Figo sedan in the South African market. The Figo sedan and hatchback sold in South Africa is manufactured at the firm's facility in Gujarat, but the major difference is that the Figo sedan is not restricted to four metres length like the Indian market Aspire.
Other than this, most changes seen on the sedan will make its way to the Indian-spec car. These changes are a new bumper with silver inserts similar to the black ones on the new freestyle, a redesigned headlamp cluster, and a larger front grille finished in silver. Changes to the rear are limited to new inserts in the rear bumper and a subtle black lip at the bottom to break the monotony. South African cars get six colour options - Oxford White, Deep Impact Blue, Moondust Silver, Ruby Red, Smoke (Grey), and White Gold.
The interior gets the new dash design from the Freestyle. The South African cars miss out on the top Titanium trim and consequently the 6.5-inch Sync 3 infotainment from the Freestyle. The Indian-spec Aspire/Figo will offer this though.
Mechanically, the South-African Figo get the new 1,5-litre Dragon petrol which debuted on the facelifted Ecosport. Unsurprisingly, Indian cars will get the 1.2-litre Dragon motor seen on the Freestyle, which makes 96PS/120Nm. The diesel variant will continue to be offered the 1.5-litre 100PS/215Nm motor.
The Figo/Aspire twins have not been the most successful for Ford. this update should bring them closer to rivals like the recently launched Honda Amaze, in terms of features and styling.
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.81 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show