2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
Ford has revealed the facelifted Ford Figo sedan in the South African market. The Figo sedan and hatchback sold in South Africa is manufactured at the firm's facility in Gujarat, but the major difference is that the Figo sedan is not restricted to four metres length like the Indian market Aspire.
Other than this, most changes seen on the sedan will make its way to the Indian-spec car. These changes are a new bumper with silver inserts similar to the black ones on the new freestyle, a redesigned headlamp cluster, and a larger front grille finished in silver. Changes to the rear are limited to new inserts in the rear bumper and a subtle black lip at the bottom to break the monotony. South African cars get six colour options - Oxford White, Deep Impact Blue, Moondust Silver, Ruby Red, Smoke (Grey), and White Gold.
The interior gets the new dash design from the Freestyle. The South African cars miss out on the top Titanium trim and consequently the 6.5-inch Sync 3 infotainment from the Freestyle. The Indian-spec Aspire/Figo will offer this though.
Mechanically, the South-African Figo get the new 1,5-litre Dragon petrol which debuted on the facelifted Ecosport. Unsurprisingly, Indian cars will get the 1.2-litre Dragon motor seen on the Freestyle, which makes 96PS/120Nm. The diesel variant will continue to be offered the 1.5-litre 100PS/215Nm motor.
The Figo/Aspire twins have not been the most successful for Ford. this update should bring them closer to rivals like the recently launched Honda Amaze, in terms of features and styling.
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.6 Lakhs
- NewsNational Racing Championship 2018 : Arjun Narendran dominates the ITC class in Round 3
- News2018 Blancpain GT Series Asia: Aditya Patel and OD Racing finish in the points at Fuji Speedway
- News2018 Baja Aragon: Sherco TVS factory rally team's Michael Metge wins 35th edition of event
- NewsFCA appoints Mike Manley as the new CEO
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT to be launched in India in early September
- NewsConfirmed: Bajaj Auto to introduce Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 and Svartpilen 401 motorcycles in India next year
- NewsNew Hyundai Santro/Atos spotted testing again before launch
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300