2018 Ford Mustang GT can reach 100kmph in almost 4 seconds
There are a lot of things that you can do in less than 4 seconds. This includes cutting a whole cucumber, chugging a bottle of water, climbing a rock wall or even reading the above headline. Ford gave these examples to highlight the performance that the 2018 Mustang GT with Performance pack offers in Drag Strip mode. To be precise, the 2018 Ford Mustang GT can touch 100kmph in almost 4 seconds, claims the company, making it the fastest Ford Mustang ever built.
The 2018 Ford Mustang GT is powered by a reworked 5.0-litre V8 motor that features dual-fuel, high-pressure direct injection and low-pressure port fuel injection. This contributed to more power and improved efficiency. And that's the reason it makes more power and torque at 460PS/589Nm from the present 435PS/542Nm. This motor is mated to a new 10-speed automatic transmission which offers quicker shift times than the 6-speed unit. It also gets different drive modes Normal, Sport, Track, Drag Strip and Snow/Wet. Even the 4-cylinder EcoBoost has been tweaked to make 310PS/474Nm, which makes it 40Nm more than its present form. This one will reach 100kmph in almost 5 seconds.
The muscle car comes with a Drag Strip mode that alters the torque and transmission behaviour to make the best use of the new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tyres and get the maximum acceleration. In the official statement, Ford has also pointed out that the 2018 Mustang GT is faster than the Porsche 911.
Starts Rs 71.62 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775