2018 Ford Mustang GT can reach 100kmph in almost 4 seconds
There are a lot of things that you can do in less than 4 seconds. This includes cutting a whole cucumber, chugging a bottle of water, climbing a rock wall or even reading the above headline. Ford gave these examples to highlight the performance that the 2018 Mustang GT with Performance pack offers in Drag Strip mode. To be precise, the 2018 Ford Mustang GT can touch 100kmph in almost 4 seconds, claims the company, making it the fastest Ford Mustang ever built.
The 2018 Ford Mustang GT is powered by a reworked 5.0-litre V8 motor that features dual-fuel, high-pressure direct injection and low-pressure port fuel injection. This contributed to more power and improved efficiency. And that's the reason it makes more power and torque at 460PS/589Nm from the present 435PS/542Nm. This motor is mated to a new 10-speed automatic transmission which offers quicker shift times than the 6-speed unit. It also gets different drive modes Normal, Sport, Track, Drag Strip and Snow/Wet. Even the 4-cylinder EcoBoost has been tweaked to make 310PS/474Nm, which makes it 40Nm more than its present form. This one will reach 100kmph in almost 5 seconds.
The muscle car comes with a Drag Strip mode that alters the torque and transmission behaviour to make the best use of the new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tyres and get the maximum acceleration. In the official statement, Ford has also pointed out that the 2018 Mustang GT is faster than the Porsche 911.
Starts Rs 66.3 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden