2018 Geneva Motor Show: Skoda Fabia facelift teased, to be unveiled in March
Skoda Auto has released a teaser image of the 2018 Fabia facelift. The production version of the facelifted Skoda Fabia will be unveiled in March at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show confirmed the Czech car manufacturer. The company states that over four million units of the Skoda Fabia have been sold worldwide since its inception in 1999, with the current third model generation (sold in the international markets) alone accumulating sales in excess of the 500,000 mark.
Skoda Fabia facelift teaser
The teaser image of the 2018 Skoda Fabia primarily showcases the LED lights with the slightly revised grille. Also, for the first time, the Fabia will come equipped with LED tail lights. While there is no official update from Skoda regarding the features that will be offered on the new Fabia, we believe it will come loaded with tech and modern connectivity options, like that of the new-gen Polo, along with clever storage options.
The facelifted Skoda Fabia might also see as addition of a 125PS 1.4 TSI petrol engine that was offered on the limited edition models. The other likely powertrain option includes the three-cylinder 1.0 TSI engine.
Skoda Fabia was discontinued in India in 2014
Internationally, the Skoda Fabia is one of the strongest selling cars for the Czech brand. However, it was discontinued in India in 2014 on account of lower sales and rising competition. The next big launch that the automobile manufacturer is working on is the Karoq, that should arrive in the next few months. Do you think Skoda should bring the new Fabia in India? Let us know in the comments section below.
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India