2018 Hero Super Splendor, Passion Pro and Passion X Pro showcased
Hero MotoCorp has updated its Super Splendor, Passion Pro and Passion X Pro for 2018. All three bikes get mild styling tweaks, revised graphics and redesigned instrument clusters on the cosmetic front. All three motorcycles are now more powerful as well the Super Splendor is 27 percent more powerful, while the Passion Pro and Passion X Pro are 12 percent more powerful. The Super Splendor is powered by a 124.7cc air-cooled single cylinder engine producing 11.5PS and 11Nm and is mated to a four-speed gearbox. It gets a fatter rear tyre now, a 3.0-inch wide tyre. The Super Splendor does not get the option of a front disc brake, which clearly tells us the bike is positioned below the Glamour 125 in Hero's line-up.
The Passion Pro and Passion X Pro are both powered by 109.15cc air-cooled single cylinder engines producing 9.5PS and 9Nm mated to a four-speed gearbox. Both get 3.0-inch rear tyres too, just like the Super Splendor. The Passion Pro and Passion X Pro do get the option of a front disc brake though, unlike the Super Splendor. Among the two, the Passion X Pro is more premium and gets a more stylish design as compared to the Passion Pro and an LED tail light. The Passion Pro has a larger, 11-litre fuel tank as compared to the Passion X Pro's 9.2-litre tank. All three motorcycles feature Hero's i3S technology that uses a start-stop system to improve fuel efficiency.
Hero MotoCorp has not revealed pricing for the three motorcycles yet and the bikes are expected to go on sale early next month. The three new motorcycles are proof of Hero MotoCorp's renewed focus on the commuter segment to take on its arch rival, Honda in a better way. Of course, commuters have always been the biggest weapon in Hero MotoCorp's arsenal and the manufacturer, already the largest two-wheeler manufacturer in the world, holds a commanding 57 percent market share in India currently with its Splendor and Passion brand of commuters.
Starts Rs 57,690
- OpinionIs Formula E going to Saudi Arabia as good an idea as they want us to believe?
- NewsBridgestone tyres to be OEM supplier for new-gen BMW X3 SUV sold globally
- NewsNew-gen Toyota Century flagship sedan details revealed
- NewsFCA unveils Fiat Panda Waze in association with the navigation app maker
- NewsForce Gurkha Xtreme brochure leaked, technical specifications revealed
- NewsMumbai rains: Here are the areas you should be careful driving through
- FeaturesJeep Compass longterm review: Introduction
- NewsSpotted: Ducati Panigale V4 with carbon fibre body
- NewsAuto component maker Varroc Group keen on global acquisitions
- NewsVolkswagen I.D. R all-electric racecar breaks Pikes Peak Hill Climb record