2018 Hero Xtreme 200R showcased in India
Hero MotoCorp has showcased its performance motorcycle, the Xtreme 200R in India. The bike has been showcased days before the 2018 Auto Expo and is a strategic product for the brand as the Xtreme 200R marks Hero's return to the entry-level performance motorcycle segment. The bike is powered by a 200cc engine producing 18.4PS and 17Nm that is based on the Achiever 150's engine but has been developed further in-house at Hero MotoCorp's CIT (Centre for Innovation and Technology) at Jaipur. Hero MotoCorp tells us they have worked specifically on improving the engine's refinement levels further, which should be among the best in class.
In terms of styling the Hero Xtreme 200R somewhat reminds us of previous iterations of the Xtreme that were on offer with a 150cc engine. That said, the Xtreme 200R does look more appealing and is an aggressive looking naked with all the design cues found on current generation entry-level performance machines like tank extensions, a compact tail piece with split grab rails and a belly-pan fairing.
The Xtreme 200R uses 37mm telescopic forks upfront, which are beefier than the Karizma ZMR's and are expected to aid handling. The Xtreme 200R uses a monoshock at the rear which again should help in enhancing the bike's stability and handling. The instrument cluster is an analogue-digital one and looks similar to the previous Xtreme's, with a digital read out flanking a large tachometer. The headlight is not an LED unit though the pilot lights and tail light are all LEDs.
The Xtreme 200R comes equipped with disc brakes at both ends but ABS will be offered as an option only. More importantly, Hero has equipped the Xtreme 200R with single-channel ABS only, to keep costs in check. As far as the competition is concerned, the Hero Xtreme 200R will face off against the TVS Apache RTR 200 and Bajaj Pulsar NS 200 as also the Yamaha FZ25 and KTM 200 Duke. Pricing is expected to be revealed only in March, while deliveries will commence in April this year.
Spec comparison: 2018 Hero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 200 4V
Starts Rs 88,000
Starts Rs 1,48,160
Starts Rs 1,07,885
Starts Rs 1,19,335
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches a new mobile service initiative for Tier - 2 and Tier - 3 called 'Service on Wheels'
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter to be launched in India tomorrow
- News10,000th Isuzu vehicle rolled out of its plant in SriCity
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in a black paint option in India
- News2018 FIM Trial-E Cup: Yamaha's Kenichi Kuroyama rides TY-E electric trials bike to win in first two rounds
- NewsTriumph Street Triple RS gets two new colour options in India
- NewsFord crosses one million customer milestone in India
- NewsPrice check: BMW G 310 R vs BMW G 310 GS vs KTM 390 Duke vs KTM RC 390 vs TVS Apache RR 310 vs Kawasaki Ninja 300