2018 Himalayan Odyssey to be held from July 5 to 22
Royal Enfield recently announced the dates for this year's Himalayan Odyssey. The 15th edition of this event will take place between July 5 to July 22 and will see participants cover a distance of 2,200 km over those 18 days. The Himalayan Odyssey will also be held alongside. Registrations are now open on the company's website for 50 participants for the men's event and 20 for the women's event.
The Himalayan Odyssey will be flagged off from India Gate, Delhi and participants will travel towards Khardung-La - the highest motorable road in the world at 17, 500 feet above sea level. While both events will be flagged off from Delhi, the two groups will follow different routes before meeting at Leh.
The men's event will cover the Delhi-Chandigarh-Manali-Leh-Keylong-Kaza-Kalpa-Narkanda -Chandigarh route while the women riders will traverse Delhi-Parwanoo-Narkanda-Manali-Leh-Jispa- Manali-Gushani-Chandigarh. Riders will cover more than 300 kms in a day on the longest sections of the event.
Royal Enfield says the 2018 Himalayan Odyssey will bring riders from across India together and provide them with an unlimited supply of breathtaking views and intimidating terrain throughout the journey. Himalayan Odyssey has been the ultimate motorcycling ride in the Himalayas and will continue to challenge the riders at every step with numerous mountain passes and natural obstacles. The company says a journey like this one is a life-changing experience and over the 18 days, the riders will face each challenge together that will strengthen the sense of camaraderie amongst them and in the end leave every rider with memories which will remain deeply etched in the mind forever.
The Royal Enfield brand has a larger following in the country and given that the manufacturer has been aggressively launching new products and moving increasingly upmarket, aspirational events like this will also help it to attract newer buyers.
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed