2018 Honda Amaze launched in India at Rs 5.59lakh
The all-new, second generation Honda Amaze has been launched in India, with prices starting from Rs 5.59lakh, ex-showroom. Honda dealers across the country have been accepting bookings for the new Amaze already and deliveries are expected to commence in the coming weeks. The 2018 Honda Amaze is on offer in four variants, E, S, V and VX, which will be common to the petrol and diesel versions both. Powering the new Honda Amaze are the same four-cylinder 1.2-litre petrol engine producing 90PS and 110Nm and four-cylinder 1.5-litre diesel engine producing 100PS and 200Nm.
The 2018 Honda Amaze looks radically different from its predecessor thanks to a muscular design language
The new Honda Amaze benefits from an all-new automatic transmission though, which is a CVT and is being offered with the petrol and diesel versions both. This is the first time Honda is offering a CVT transmission with a diesel engine in India outputs for the diesel automatic are lower than that of the manual version at 80PS and 160Nm though. A major highlight on the new Amaze, apart from its all-new design, is the increased space inside the car, as Honda has increased the wheelbase to liberate more leg and kneeroom, particularly at the rear.
The interiors of the 2018 Honda Amaze look and feel a lot more modern. The all-new platform the car uses has also helped in making it more spacious
Inside, the car gets a host of additions to its feature list the top end VX version now sports a 7-inch touchscreen that uses Honda's DIGIPAD 2.0 system and offers Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity. With the launch of the new generation Amaze, Honda has reaffirmed its focus on the compact sedan space and hopes the new car will help it elevate the status of the Amaze as a premium yet value for money proposition. The new Honda Amaze competes with cars like the Maruti Suzuki DZire, Hyundai Xcent, Volkswagen Ameo, Tata Zest as also the upcoming, facelifted Ford Aspire in India.
We also have a detailed image gallery of the 2018 Honda Amaze for you!
Starts Rs 5.81 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
- NewsFAME 2: Electric 3- and 4-wheelers need to produce public transport permit to claim incentive benefits
- NewsJaguar Land Rover wins case against Jiangling Motors over Evoque copy
- NewsToyota Kirloskar Motor increases dependency on renewable sources of energy, results in 51,000 tons of Co2 reduction
- NewsPrices of Renault Kwid hatchback to be hiked by three per cent from April 1 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's new six-speed transmission spotted
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip