2018 Honda Gold Wing deliveries begin in India
Honda 2Wheelers India has begun deliveries of its flagship tourer the 2018 Gold Wing in India. The company organised an event to deliver the first Gold Wing to a customer in Jaipur, Rajasthan today. The 2018 Honda Gold Wing had made its India debut at the 2018 Auto Expo in February, after first being showcased at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show. It was launched in the country at a price of Rs 26.85 lakh (ex-showroom, New Delhi). Speaking at the event, Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President - Sales and Marketing, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India senior VP - sales and marketing, Yadvinder Singh Guleria said, "After receiving an overwhelming response and over 35 bookings, we are pleased to announce the first delivery of the 2018 Gold Wing". The 2018 Honda Gold Wing is the first motorcycle to feature Apple CarPlay integration.
The 2018 Gold Wing is more compact than its predecessor while also weighing about 40kg less. Two versions of the motorcycle are on offer, a standard Gold Wing and a more tech and feature-rich Gold Wing Tour. The Gold Wing Tour is the flagship version and gets a trunk that doubles up as backrest and armrests for the pillion and a taller windscreen apart from other changes.
The standard Gold Wing doesn't get the rear trunk and has a smaller windscreen than the Tour. Both motorcycles still come powered by Honda's horizontally opposed six-cylinder engine that now displaces 1,833cc.
Honda is offering the Gold Wing in India with the Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) we have previously tested on the Honda Africa Twin adventure tourer. The lower weight and revised placement of the engine, says Honda, is hugely responsible for making the new Gold Wing a sportier handler. Another major highlight is the double wishbone suspension up front that Honda claims reduces rider effort for steering the motorcycle and also improves handling further.
2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour
The new Honda Gold Wing also gets a full electronics suite including traction control, while ABS and linked braking are standard as before. The Gold Wing Tour additionally gets electronically adjustable suspension. The new Gold Wing also gets fully customisable riding modes, including Tour, Sport, Eco, and Rain.
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally
- NewsIsuzu India announces cricketer Jonty Rhodes as new brand ambassador for D-Max V-Cross
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630