2018 Honda Gold Wing launched in India at Rs 26.85 lakh
Honda has launched its flagship super tourer, 2018 Honda Gold Wing in India at a starting price of Rs 26.85 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The all-new 2018 Honda Gold Wing was first showcased at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show recently. The 2018 Gold Wing is more compact than its predecessor while also weighing about 40kg less. Two versions of the motorcycle will be on offer, a standard Gold Wing and a more tech and the feature-rich Gold Wing Tour. The Gold Wing Tour is the flagship version and gets a trunk that doubles up as backrest and armrests for the pillion and a taller windscreen apart from other changes. The standard Gold Wing doesn't get the rear trunk and has a smaller windscreen than the Tour. Both motorcycles still come powered by Honda's horizontally opposed six-cylinder engine that now displaces 1,833cc. Another big update is that the 2018 Honda Gold Wing is the first motorcycle to feature Apple CarPlay integration. Bookings for the flagship motorcycles are open at the Honda Wing World dealerships in Mumbai and New Delhi.
2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour is the flagship version. It features a trunk that doubles up as backrest and armrests for the pillion as well as a taller windscreen apart from other changes
Honda is offering the Gold Wing in India with the Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) we have previously tested on the Honda Africa Twin adventure tourer. The lower weight and revised placement of the engine, says Honda, is hugely responsible for making the new Gold Wing a sportier handler. Another major highlight is the double wishbone suspension up front that Honda claims reduces rider effort for steering the motorcycle and also improves handling further.
The new Honda Gold Wing also gets a full electronics suite including traction control, while ABS and linked braking are standard as before. The Gold Wing Tour additionally gets electronically adjustable suspension. The new Gold Wing also gets fully customisable riding modes, including Tour, Sport, Eco, and Rain.
Team OD | 13 Jun 2018
Team OD | 11 Jun 2018
- NewsRoyal Enfield unveils three new 650 parallel twin-based custom motorcycles at Wheels and Waves 2018
- NewsMercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launched in India at Rs 2.55 crore (ex showroom India)
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launch in India
- NewsHonda and Delhi Police educate 1,000 kids about road safety awareness
- NewsIsuzu introduces X-Power variants of the D-Max and the MU-X
- NewsImage gallery: BMW 8 Series coupe
- NewsApple hires former Waymo engineer for its self-driving car project Titan
- NewsBentley Bentayga Speed SUV will have more muscle and big change in its design
- NewsChevrolet to conduct Monsoon Service Camp across India
- NewsBMW takes the covers off the new 8 Series coupe