2018 Honda Gold Wing launched in India at Rs 26.85 lakh
Honda has launched its flagship super tourer, 2018 Honda Gold Wing in India at a starting price of Rs 26.85 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The all-new 2018 Honda Gold Wing was first showcased at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show recently. The 2018 Gold Wing is more compact than its predecessor while also weighing about 40kg less. Two versions of the motorcycle will be on offer, a standard Gold Wing and a more tech and the feature-rich Gold Wing Tour. The Gold Wing Tour is the flagship version and gets a trunk that doubles up as backrest and armrests for the pillion and a taller windscreen apart from other changes. The standard Gold Wing doesn't get the rear trunk and has a smaller windscreen than the Tour. Both motorcycles still come powered by Honda's horizontally opposed six-cylinder engine that now displaces 1,833cc. Another big update is that the 2018 Honda Gold Wing is the first motorcycle to feature Apple CarPlay integration. Bookings for the flagship motorcycles are open at the Honda Wing World dealerships in Mumbai and New Delhi.
2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour is the flagship version. It features a trunk that doubles up as backrest and armrests for the pillion as well as a taller windscreen apart from other changes
Honda is offering the Gold Wing in India with the Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) we have previously tested on the Honda Africa Twin adventure tourer. The lower weight and revised placement of the engine, says Honda, is hugely responsible for making the new Gold Wing a sportier handler. Another major highlight is the double wishbone suspension up front that Honda claims reduces rider effort for steering the motorcycle and also improves handling further.
The new Honda Gold Wing also gets a full electronics suite including traction control, while ABS and linked braking are standard as before. The Gold Wing Tour additionally gets electronically adjustable suspension. The new Gold Wing also gets fully customisable riding modes, including Tour, Sport, Eco, and Rain.
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000