2018 Honda Gold Wing launched in India at Rs 26.85 lakh
Honda has launched its flagship super tourer, 2018 Honda Gold Wing in India at a starting price of Rs 26.85 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The all-new 2018 Honda Gold Wing was first showcased at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show recently. The 2018 Gold Wing is more compact than its predecessor while also weighing about 40kg less. Two versions of the motorcycle will be on offer, a standard Gold Wing and a more tech and the feature-rich Gold Wing Tour. The Gold Wing Tour is the flagship version and gets a trunk that doubles up as backrest and armrests for the pillion and a taller windscreen apart from other changes. The standard Gold Wing doesn't get the rear trunk and has a smaller windscreen than the Tour. Both motorcycles still come powered by Honda's horizontally opposed six-cylinder engine that now displaces 1,833cc. Another big update is that the 2018 Honda Gold Wing is the first motorcycle to feature Apple CarPlay integration. Bookings for the flagship motorcycles are open at the Honda Wing World dealerships in Mumbai and New Delhi.
2018 Honda Gold Wing Tour is the flagship version. It features a trunk that doubles up as backrest and armrests for the pillion as well as a taller windscreen apart from other changes
Honda is offering the Gold Wing in India with the Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) we have previously tested on the Honda Africa Twin adventure tourer. The lower weight and revised placement of the engine, says Honda, is hugely responsible for making the new Gold Wing a sportier handler. Another major highlight is the double wishbone suspension up front that Honda claims reduces rider effort for steering the motorcycle and also improves handling further.
The new Honda Gold Wing also gets a full electronics suite including traction control, while ABS and linked braking are standard as before. The Gold Wing Tour additionally gets electronically adjustable suspension. The new Gold Wing also gets fully customisable riding modes, including Tour, Sport, Eco, and Rain.
- OpinionNatural selection
- FeaturesThe Brembo 19RCS Costa Corsa explained
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range