2018 Honda PCX125 unveiled, gets styling and power update
The Honda PCX125 is the Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer's popular offering in the European market. The premium offering has clocked sales of over 140,000 units in Europe since its launch in 2010. The 2018 update has given the Honda PCX125 a revised styling, increased practicality and also a more powerful motor while retaining the higher fuel efficiency.
The 2018 Honda PCX125 gets a revised styling compared to the previous model
The 2018 Honda PCX125 looks sportier than the previous offering and also comes with LED lights. The instrument cluster now gets a modern and updated LCD display that gives odometer, trip meter, fuel gauge, average fuel consumption and Idling Stop indicator information. The large fairing of the Honda PCX125 has a provision to hold a liquid container and also has an extended lid for added convenience. This section also has a 12V AC adaptor.
The digital LCD display of the 2018 Honda PCX125 gives a host of information
The seat height has been increased by 4mm to 764mm and has a straddling height of 540mm. With the updated design, the 2018 Honda PCX125 also offers more legroom with a larger floor area. Even though the scooter has not grown in dimensions, the internal capacity of the underseat storage has been increased by 1L to 28L and can hold a full-face helmet. The 2018 update has introduced four new colours namely, pearl cool white, pearl nightstar black, matt carbonium grey metallic and pearl splendor red. The accessories list on the 2018 Honda PCX125 includes a windshield, 35 litre top box, top box carrier, U-lock, heated grips and outdoor scooter cover.
The wheelbase of the 2018 Honda PCX125 has been shortened by 2mm.
The 2018 PCX125 gets a full steel duplex cradle replacing the tubular steel underbone design of the previous model. Honda states that this has improved the handling of the PCX125. Additionally, the use of a plastic main fairing instead of steel structure in the frame design has reduced the weight by 2.4kg. The wheelbase has been shortened by 2mm at 1,313mm while the steering geometry remains the same, with 27° rake and 86mm trail. Both front and rear wheels are now lighter and use thinner rims, mentions Honda. Braking duties are done by two piston caliper 220mm front disk brake and 130mm rear drum brake; single-channel ABS operates on the front brake.
The 2018 Honda PCX125 is built on an all new steel duplex frame.
The Honda PCX125 comes with selectable idling stop that automatically kills the ignition after three seconds at idle and then restarts at the twist of the throttle. The liquid-cooled two-valve 125cc motor of the 2018 Honda PCX125 makes 12.39PS at 8,500rpm and generates 11.8Nm at 5,000rpm. Honda states that the higher power delivery at higher rpms and the stronger torque at lower engine speeds was the target for improved performance in higher speed ranges. The increase in power output has been achieved by increasing the size of the throttle body, larger airbox and also a larger, three-way catalyser. Honda claims an overall fuel economy of 47.6kmpl with a 400km+ tank range.
2018 Honda PCX125
Starts Rs 57,897
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina PF0 all-electric concept hypercar interior revealed
- NewsPorsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid sets lap records at six racetracks including BIC
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and its dealers donate Rs 30 lakh to the CM's relief fund in Kerala
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally