2018 Hyundai Creta facelift reaches dealerships ahead of India launch
With its launch imminent, the 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift has been grabbing all the attention of late. Now, validating its upcoming launch are images of some units of the new SUV from a dealership in Kerala. The new Creta facelift is expected to go on sale by the end of May or early next month. It was only earlier this month that the SUV was spotted in camouflage. To know more about differences between the first generation Creta and its upcoming successor, read this. There have also been reports that some dealers including in Mumbai have begun accepting bookings for the SUV at Rs 25,000. A variants list of the upcoming Creta was also leaked recently.
The new Creta will get a larger chrome trimmed hexagonal front grille.The front bumper now has new fog lamp housing and a pronounced chin which merges into the front grille. The rear bumpers have also been redesigned while the taillamps will also receive a subtle tweak. New 17-inch dual-tone alloy wheels will replace the existing design. The interior will be carried over from the previous car with the only change being the addition of the smoother, grey-themed infotainment system from the new Elite i20.
The facelifted Creta's powertrain options will remain unchanged with the 1.4 diesel(90PS, 220 Nm), 1.6 diesel(128PS, 220Nm) and 1.6 petrol(123PS, 151Nm) being carried over. These will be mated to the 6-speed manual and automatic transmissions.
The Hyundai Creta has been a strong seller for Hyundai since its launch three years ago and with this update, Hyundai hopes to sustain its momentum in this segment. Its present competition includes the likes of the Jeep Compass, Renault Captur, Tata Hexa and Mahindra XUV500 with numerous new entrants expected in the next couple of years.
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 14.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.49 Lakhs
- NewsWRC 2018: Victory at Rallye Deutschland for Ott Tanak
- NewsHonda crosses 1 crore two-wheeler sales in Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Goa combined
- News2018 Tata Tigor JTP spied with twin barrel exhaust
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz launched in India at a price of Rs 8.19 lakh
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz - Watch Live Launch
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander launched in India for Rs 31.95 lakh ex-showroom
- NewsHyundai announces investment in Indian self-drive car sharing company Revv
- NewsMini Urban Drive experience begins in India
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to be launched in India today
- NewsHyundai AH2 (Santro) hatchback naming contest begins in India