2018 Hyundai Creta facelift spotted testing in camouflage
New spy images have emerged of the facelifted Hyundai Creta undergoing testing. These heavily camouflaged test mules do not reveal much about the car's design but it should follow the design of the Brazilian-spec car.
The new Creta will get a larger chrome trimmed hexagonal front grille. The front bumper now has new fog lamp housing and a pronounced chin which merges into the front grille. The rear bumpers have also been redesigned while the taillamps will also receive a subtle tweak. New 17-inch dual-tone alloy wheels will replace the existing design. The interior will be carried over from the previous car with the only change being the addition of the smoother, grey-themed infotainment system from the new Elite i20.
The facelifted Creta's powertrain options will remain unchanged with the 1.4 diesel(90PS, 220 Nm), 1.6 diesel(128PS, 220Nm) and 1.6 petrol(123PS, 151Nm) being carried over. These will be mated to the 6-speed manual and automatic transmissions.
The Hyundai Creta has been a strong seller for Hyundai since its launch three years ago and with this update, Hyundai hopes to sustain its momentum in this segment. Its present competition includes the likes of the Jeep Compass, Renault Captur, Tata Hexa and Mahindra XUV500 with numerous new entrants expected in the next couple of years.
OVERDRIVE has learnt from a dealer in Mumbai that bookings for the facelifted 2018 Hyundai Creta have opened. This development has been denied by Hyundai India, but the dealer said the booking amount has been fixed at Rs 25,000 and buyers can expect deliveries to begin by May-end or first week of June.
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.23 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.99 Lakhs
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Mercedes-Benz roll out customer centric financial schemes
- News2020 Skoda Rapid TSI BSVI launched in India, priced from Rs 7.49 lakh
- News2020 Skoda Superb facelift launched in India at Rs 29.99 lakh
- News2020 Skoda Karoq SUV launched in India at Rs 24.99 lakh
- News2020 Kawasaki Z650 priced at Rs 5.94 lakh
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!