2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to launch in India next week
News of the 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift has been pouring in over recent weeks with multiple sightings in the country. With the most recent spy shots showing undisguised units of the facelifted SUV at Hyundai dealerships, now comes news that the facelifted Creta is set to launch next week. Reports suggest that the Hyundai Creta facelift will be launched on May 22, 2018. Various Hyundai dealers have also begun accepting bookings for the refreshed Creta. Updates to the SUV are along the lines of what the South American-market version has received.
The new Creta gets a larger chrome trimmed hexagonal front grille. The front bumper now has new fog lamp housings and a pronounced chin which merges into the front grille. The rear bumpers have also been redesigned while the taillamps have also received a subtle tweak. New 17-inch dual-tone alloy wheels replace the existing design. The is carried over from the previous car with the only change being the addition of the smoother, grey-themed infotainment system from the new Elite i20.
It was only earlier this month that the SUV was spotted in camouflage. To know more about differences between the first generation Creta and its upcoming successor, read this. There have also been reports that some dealers including in Mumbai have begun accepting bookings for the SUV at Rs 25,000. A variants list of the upcoming Creta was also leaked recently.
The facelifted Creta's powertrain options will remain unchanged with the 1.4 diesel(90PS, 220 Nm), 1.6 diesel(128PS, 220Nm) and 1.6 petrol(123PS, 151Nm) being carried over. These will be mated to the 6-speed manual and automatic transmissions.
The Hyundai Creta has been a strong seller for Hyundai since its launch three years ago and with this update, Hyundai hopes to sustain its momentum in this segment. Its present competition includes the likes of the Jeep Compass, Renault Captur, Tata Hexa and Mahindra XUV500 with numerous new entrants expected in the next couple of years.
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.57 Lakhs
- NewsProduction version of the Kia SP Concept spotted testing in new spy video
- NewsBajaj Pulsar Classic launched in India with two new colour options, priced at Rs 64,998
- News2019 TVS Apache RTR 180 launched in India at Rs 84,578
- NewsVolkswagen Group establishes a new management structure to implement India 2.0
- NewsLamborghini Urus to have its own SUV racing series!
- NewsMercedes-AMG G 63 SUV sold out in India for this year
- NewsHonda becomes only manufacturer to sell 25 million scooters in India
- NewsHyundai Grand i10 and Xcent get more equipment on higher trims
- NewsAston Martin's spy photos show the DBX in near-production guise
- Review2019 Volvo S60 first drive review