2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to launch in India next week
News of the 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift has been pouring in over recent weeks with multiple sightings in the country. With the most recent spy shots showing undisguised units of the facelifted SUV at Hyundai dealerships, now comes news that the facelifted Creta is set to launch next week. Reports suggest that the Hyundai Creta facelift will be launched on May 22, 2018. Various Hyundai dealers have also begun accepting bookings for the refreshed Creta. Updates to the SUV are along the lines of what the South American-market version has received.
The new Creta gets a larger chrome trimmed hexagonal front grille. The front bumper now has new fog lamp housings and a pronounced chin which merges into the front grille. The rear bumpers have also been redesigned while the taillamps have also received a subtle tweak. New 17-inch dual-tone alloy wheels replace the existing design. The is carried over from the previous car with the only change being the addition of the smoother, grey-themed infotainment system from the new Elite i20.
It was only earlier this month that the SUV was spotted in camouflage. To know more about differences between the first generation Creta and its upcoming successor, read this. There have also been reports that some dealers including in Mumbai have begun accepting bookings for the SUV at Rs 25,000. A variants list of the upcoming Creta was also leaked recently.
The facelifted Creta's powertrain options will remain unchanged with the 1.4 diesel(90PS, 220 Nm), 1.6 diesel(128PS, 220Nm) and 1.6 petrol(123PS, 151Nm) being carried over. These will be mated to the 6-speed manual and automatic transmissions.
The Hyundai Creta has been a strong seller for Hyundai since its launch three years ago and with this update, Hyundai hopes to sustain its momentum in this segment. Its present competition includes the likes of the Jeep Compass, Renault Captur, Tata Hexa and Mahindra XUV500 with numerous new entrants expected in the next couple of years.
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.57 Lakhs
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh