2018 Hyundai Elite i20 automatic reaches dealerships, priced at Rs 7.04 lakh
Hyundai Motor India is on a roll, it appears. Right after the launch of the 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift earlier today, there is now news of the facelifted 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 receiving an automatic transmission option. The option, a CVT automatic gearbox, is available on Magna and Asta variants of the 1.2-litre petrol engined Elite i20. The two variants are priced at Rs 7.04 lakh and Rs 8.16 lakh, respectively. This undercuts the prices of its direct competition, the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, and the Honda Jazz hatchbacks.
The 1,197cc petrol produces 83PS and 115Nm. The reason Hyundai India has picked this motor to offer the automatic gearbox to its flagship hatchback is the taxation law, which favours sub-4m compact cars with engine capacity under 1,200cc. Both the Magna and Asta variants of the Hyundai Elite i20 are priced just over Rs 1 lakh higher than their manual counterparts. The 2018 Elite i20 was first showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo before its launch in India earlier this year.
But we will reserve our judgment over which of the three hatchbacks reigns in the battle of the automatics. So stay tuned for our comparison of this trio. There are no other changes on the Elite i20 apart from the addition of the CVT.
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
- OpinionWhy the price difference between the Skoda Karoq and VW T-Roc?
- NewsF1 2020: Races to go ahead even if a driver tests positive for COVID-19
- NewsWorld Environment Day: Hyundai India emphasises on green mobility services adopted at dealerships
- News2020 Mini Countryman facelift unveiled globally
- NewsVolvo reports a 25.5 per cent drop in global sales in May 2020
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!