2018 Hyundai Elite i20 automatic reaches dealerships, priced at Rs 7.04 lakh
Hyundai Motor India is on a roll, it appears. Right after the launch of the 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift earlier today, there is now news of the facelifted 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 receiving an automatic transmission option. The option, a CVT automatic gearbox, is available on Magna and Asta variants of the 1.2-litre petrol engined Elite i20. The two variants are priced at Rs 7.04 lakh and Rs 8.16 lakh, respectively. This undercuts the prices of its direct competition, the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, and the Honda Jazz hatchbacks.
The 1,197cc petrol produces 83PS and 115Nm. The reason Hyundai India has picked this motor to offer the automatic gearbox to its flagship hatchback is the taxation law, which favours sub-4m compact cars with engine capacity under 1,200cc. Both the Magna and Asta variants of the Hyundai Elite i20 are priced just over Rs 1 lakh higher than their manual counterparts. The 2018 Elite i20 was first showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo before its launch in India earlier this year.
But we will reserve our judgment over which of the three hatchbacks reigns in the battle of the automatics. So stay tuned for our comparison of this trio. There are no other changes on the Elite i20 apart from the addition of the CVT.
Starts Rs 5.43 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.55 Lakhs
- NewsFAME 2: Electric 3- and 4-wheelers need to produce public transport permit to claim incentive benefits
- NewsJaguar Land Rover wins case against Jiangling Motors over Evoque copy
- NewsToyota Kirloskar Motor increases dependency on renewable sources of energy, results in 51,000 tons of Co2 reduction
- NewsPrices of Renault Kwid hatchback to be hiked by three per cent from April 1 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's new six-speed transmission spotted
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip