2018 Hyundai Elite i20 CVT automatic spied during dealer dispatch
Spy images have appeared on the internet of the recently launched Hyundai i20 CVT being dispatched to dealerships after the car's recent launch. The CVT automatic gearbox is available on Magna and Asta variants of the 1.2-litre petrol engined Elite i20. The two variants are priced at Rs 7.04 lakh and Rs 8.16 lakh, respectively. This undercuts the prices of its direct competition, the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, and the Honda Jazz hatchbacks.
The 1,197cc petrol produces 83PS and 115Nm. The reason Hyundai India has picked this motor to offer the automatic gearbox to its flagship hatchback is the taxation law, which favours sub-4m compact cars with engine capacity under 1,200cc. Both the Magna and Asta variants of the Hyundai Elite i20 are priced just over Rs 1 lakh higher than their manual counterparts. The 2018 Elite i20 was first showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo before its launch in India earlier this year.
While the car is cosmetically unchanged from the other variants, it must be noted that the CVT gearlever looks like a high-quality job and doesn't get the 90s-style gated shift pattern like some of its rivals. The is the latest in Hyundai's spur of launches this year. The others being the facelifted Hyundai Creta and the refreshed i20 Active.
Source: Financial Express
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
- NewsAmerica's second-largest rental car company, Hertz, files for bankruptcy
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Kia launches the 'Kia Care' initiative
- News2020 Skoda Karoq SUV expected to be priced around Rs 27 lakh, on-road
- NewsVirtual 24 Hours of Le Mans to be held in June, participation from top teams confirmed
- NewsBattRE launches the gps:ie at Rs 64,990
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!