2018 Hyundai Elite i20 CVT automatic spied during dealer dispatch
Spy images have appeared on the internet of the recently launched Hyundai i20 CVT being dispatched to dealerships after the car's recent launch. The CVT automatic gearbox is available on Magna and Asta variants of the 1.2-litre petrol engined Elite i20. The two variants are priced at Rs 7.04 lakh and Rs 8.16 lakh, respectively. This undercuts the prices of its direct competition, the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, and the Honda Jazz hatchbacks.
The 1,197cc petrol produces 83PS and 115Nm. The reason Hyundai India has picked this motor to offer the automatic gearbox to its flagship hatchback is the taxation law, which favours sub-4m compact cars with engine capacity under 1,200cc. Both the Magna and Asta variants of the Hyundai Elite i20 are priced just over Rs 1 lakh higher than their manual counterparts. The 2018 Elite i20 was first showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo before its launch in India earlier this year.
While the car is cosmetically unchanged from the other variants, it must be noted that the CVT gearlever looks like a high-quality job and doesn't get the 90s-style gated shift pattern like some of its rivals. The is the latest in Hyundai's spur of launches this year. The others being the facelifted Hyundai Creta and the refreshed i20 Active.
Source: Financial Express
Starts Rs 5.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.36 Lakhs
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019