2017 Frankfurt Motor Show: New Hyundai i30 fastback not coming to India anytime soon
While Hyundai revealed pictures and details of the new i30 Fastback a few months ago, it was only at the Frankfurt Motor Show 2017 that the public could get a glimpse of the car. The Hyundai i30 Fastback is a sedan based on the new Hyundai i30 and if the styling is anything to go with, is a looker. The engine options in the Hyundai i30 Fastback include the 1.4 T-GDI turbocharged four-cylinder engine with 138 PS, the 1.0 T-GDI turbocharged three-cylinder engine with 118PS. The 1.4-litre T-GDI petrol engine is offered with the six-speed manual transmission or the seven-speed dual clutch transmission. The 1.0 T-GDI, however, is offered with the 6-speed manual transmission.
The Hyundai i30 fastback gets a new nose and looks sleeker than its hatchback sibling
The Hyundai i30 Fastback though isn't coming to India yet. Hyundai India told OVERDRIVE that there are no plans of getting the i30 Fastback in the country anytime soon. It is also not in the discussions stage, stated the company. Considering the premium features that the Hyundai i30 Fastback comes equipped with, we believe it will be difficult for the company to position the premium sedan in the Indian market. Hyundai presently has the Xcent as the entry-level sedan priced in between Rs 5.35lakh to Rs. 8.43 lakh, ex-Mumbai. Positioned above it is the new Hyundai Verna.
The Hyundai i30 fastback is 115mm longer and sits 5mm lower than the i30 hatchback
The 2018 Hyundai i30 fastback is powered by a 1.4 T-GDI turbocharged four-cylinder engine that makes 138PS. This motor can be optioned with a six-speed manual or a seven-speed dual clutch transmission. There is also the 1.0 T-GDI turbocharged three-cylinder motor that puts out 118PS and comes paired with a 6-speed manual transmission. Check out the detailed 2018 Hyundai i30 fastback image gallery.
Starts Rs 7.92 Lakhs
- Features35 years of the Maruti 800: A social icon
- NewsMore spy images emerge of upcoming 2019 Renault RBC seven-seater MPV
- NewsOkinawa i-Praise electric scooter pre-bookings begin at Rs 5,000
- News2020 Mahindra Thar off-roader spotted testing under camoflage
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first two dealerships in Pune
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture