2018 Hyundai Santro gets over 14,000 bookings in less than two weeks
A news outlet has reported that the soon to be launched 2018 Hyundai Santro has received 14,208 orders since booking began for the entry-level hatchback. Hyundai started taking pre-orders for the car starting October 10 for an amount of Rs 11,100. The launch is on October 23. Pre-orders close today, October 22.
The car is available to book online and buyers have shown a preference for the top spec Asta manual variant followed by the top spec AMT (Sportz) version. The news outlet says that the car has been more popular in southern states. Buyers from Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka and Kerala have accounted for almost half the bookings. Also hearteningly, this figure only accounts for the first nine days of pre-orders. The final figure, accounting for the past festive weekend, should be much higher.
The all-new Santro is powered by a 1.1l four-cylinder petrol engine that produces about 69PS of power at 5,500rpm and 99Nm of torque at 4,500rpm. Hyundai will also offer a factory-fit CNG option with this engine, albeit with a 59PS/84Nm tune.
The most striking feature of the interior is the large touchscreen which dominates the centre console, there is a high-mounted gear-lever like in most Hyundai small cars, rear AC vents will also be a segment first feature on the new Santro. A notable design element is the large circular side-AC vents and body colour-coordinated cabin accents. The Santro will be available in five variants-Dlite, Era, Magna, Sportz and Asta. The first three variants will be offered in the petrol MT configuration while the Magna and Sportz will get CNG MT and Petrol AMT powertrain options as well.
Starts Rs 3.9 Lakhs
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019