2018 Hyundai Santro gets over 14,000 bookings in less than two weeks
A news outlet has reported that the soon to be launched 2018 Hyundai Santro has received 14,208 orders since booking began for the entry-level hatchback. Hyundai started taking pre-orders for the car starting October 10 for an amount of Rs 11,100. The launch is on October 23. Pre-orders close today, October 22.
The car is available to book online and buyers have shown a preference for the top spec Asta manual variant followed by the top spec AMT (Sportz) version. The news outlet says that the car has been more popular in southern states. Buyers from Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka and Kerala have accounted for almost half the bookings. Also hearteningly, this figure only accounts for the first nine days of pre-orders. The final figure, accounting for the past festive weekend, should be much higher.
The all-new Santro is powered by a 1.1l four-cylinder petrol engine that produces about 69PS of power at 5,500rpm and 99Nm of torque at 4,500rpm. Hyundai will also offer a factory-fit CNG option with this engine, albeit with a 59PS/84Nm tune.
The most striking feature of the interior is the large touchscreen which dominates the centre console, there is a high-mounted gear-lever like in most Hyundai small cars, rear AC vents will also be a segment first feature on the new Santro. A notable design element is the large circular side-AC vents and body colour-coordinated cabin accents. The Santro will be available in five variants-Dlite, Era, Magna, Sportz and Asta. The first three variants will be offered in the petrol MT configuration while the Magna and Sportz will get CNG MT and Petrol AMT powertrain options as well.
Starts Rs 3.9 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip