2018 Independence Quattro Drive is all set to begin
It's that time of the year when OVERDRIVE sets camp in the gorgeous and mystical land that's Ladakh. The Independence Quattro Drive has been the most unique and patriotic way in which a civilian could celebrate the Independence Day of our great nation. A journey that began in 2013, we've had the honour of hoisting our national flag and sing our national anthem with the Indian army, every year.
Last year, we celebrated our Independence Day at the Rezang La War memorial in Chushul, situated a stone's throw away from the Indo-China border. This army post was witness to one of the most gruesome battles in history of India. Major Shaitan Singh and his troops were outnumbered by advancing Chinese soldiers who intended to capture the post during the Indo-Sino war. Major Shaitan Singh and his men, however, were unfazed and continued to fight the Chinese. These few hundred men fought against wave after wave of Chinese troops, killing thousands of them. The Rezang La War memorial was set to mark this epic battle and the ultimate sacrifice of our soldiers.
It goes without saying that celebrating our Independence Day with the Indian Army makes our heart swell with pride, people who've left family and friends behind to guard India.
Helping us get to these remote army posts are Audi India's finest SUVs. The Q3, Q5 and Q7 have been dependable and comfortable in the harsh and unforgiving terrain in Ladakh. These SUVs give our participants a taste of what it's like to drive a vehicle that's specifically designed for tackling the challenges in this region. The Q7 has always been the ultimate in luxury and refinement while the Q3 has impressed us with its superb handling. The all-new Audi Q5 will make its IQD debut this year and it'll be interesting to see how the new SUV performs
This year, we are heading to another interesting location in Ladakh. Stay tuned to our social media posts and the stories that'll follow. Join us in celebrating India's 72nd Independence Day.
Starts Rs 53.25 Lakhs
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter quick ride review