2018 Indian Chieftain Elite launched in India at Rs 38 lakh
Indian Motorcycle has launched a limited edition of the Chieftain called the Chieftain Elite. Priced at Rs 38 lakh, this limited-edition bagger comes with custom-inspired paint that's done by hand. Globally, just 350 units of the 2018 Indian Chieftain Elite will be produced and Indian motorcycle claims that the custom-inspired motorcycle is with premium features. The highlight of this classic machine is the paint featuring high-flake Black Hills Silver.
Mr. Pankaj Dubey, Managing Director and Country Head, Polaris on the 2018 Indian Chieftain Elite
As the name suggests, this paint was inspired by the silver mines in the Black Hills of South Dakota, which is near Indian Motorcycle's custom paint facility in Spearfish, SD. Indian mentions that each bike takes nearly 25 hours due to the time-intensive processes that are completed by hand and no two bikes will look the same, due to the hand made additions to the bagger. Indian claims that there's no question that this bold, one-of-a-kind bike will stand out in any crowd. This comes with a seven-inch ride command system that features Bluetooth audio, navigation, vehicle information and status and split-screen technology to customize the display to focus on the details essential for riders. Additionally, it also gets a premium 200-watt audio speakers AM/FM, USB, smartphone compatible input, weather band, pinnacle mirrors, aluminium billet driver, passenger floorboards, adjustable passenger floorboards, ABS, cast aluminium frame with integrated air-box, cruise control, highway bar, keyless start, tinted screen, leather seats, remote-locking hard saddlebags.
The 2018 2018 Indian Chieftain Elite will also get pathfinder LED lights, push-button power windshield, 19-inch front wheel with an open fender, inspired by the Indian fenders of the 1920s and 1930s, showcases a 10-spoke, contrast-cut wheel that completes the custom look. Powering this beast is the Thunderstroke 111 engine, the V-Twin that delivers a monstrous 151 Nm of torque at 3,000 rpm and power to spare in every gear.
Starts Rs 29,99,000
Team OD | 17 Nov 2018
- Review2018 Mahindra Alturas G4 first drive review
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga launched in India
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga launched in India at Rs 7.44 lakh
- NewsYamaha collaborates with Hero Cycles and Mitsui & Co to develop e-cycles in India
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga India launch
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza production increased
- News2018 LA Auto Show: Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro to be unveiled on November 28
- Review2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE first drive review
- NewsProduction version of the Kia SP Concept spotted testing in new spy video
- NewsBajaj Pulsar Classic launched in India with two new colour options, priced at Rs 64,998