2018 Indian Scout Bobber India launch on November 24, 2017
Indian Motorcycle has announced that the 2018 Indian Scout Bobber will be launched in India on November 24, 2017. The butch looking Indian Scout Bobber was revealed in July 2017. Indian has gone for a more raw looking design on the Bobber instead of the classic cruiser look of the standard Indian Scout. The stripped-down, blacked-out treatment and lowered rear suspension give the Indian Scout Bobber an interesting twist - one that we like. We can't wait to get our hands on the 2018 Indian Scout Bobber and take it places where the regular Scout couldn't have gone. The Indian Scout Bobber should come in at a marginal price rise from the standard Indian Scout at around Rs 16.5 lakh.
It was not too long ago that Indian Motorcycle revealed the stripped and a rugged version of its retro-cool Scout motorcycle, naming it the Scout Bobber. While we had reported that the Bobber will be officially launched in India in the last week of September, the company seems to have delayed its plan by about two months. Company dealerships had begun accepting bookings for a token amount of Rs 50,000, with deliveries beginning shortly after launch.
The 2018 Indian Scout Bobber will be brought to the country through the CBU route. The new design pays homage to the stripped-down builds of America's post-war past. In terms of design, the 2018 Indian Scout Bobber gets tracker-style handlebars while the position of the footpegs has been pushed back by 38mm, changing the seating position. Indian Motorcycle has also added blacked-out wheels that run on knobby tyres. The rear suspension has been lowered by 25mm, and the front gets new telescopic forks.
In addition, there is a new a black headlight nacelle and vented exhaust shields. To make it distinct compared to the regular model, the 2018 Indian Scout Bobber gets a black speedometer, exhaust along with chopped front and rear fenders. Also, it gets new two-tone genuine leather bobber seat and a new fuel tank badge that makes it look totally different from the regular offering. The 2018 Indian Scout Bobber will be available in five shades namely Indian Motorcycle red, thunder black, thunder black smoke, star silver smoke and bronze smoke.
The 1,131cc, liquid-cooled 100PS/97.7Nm motor that powers the 2018 Indian Scout Bobber along with the transmission has been left unchanged from the regular Scout.
Starts Rs 11,99,000
- NewsImage gallery: Vazirani Automotive showcases Shul, India's first hypercar at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- NewsVolvo XC40 gets 200 bookings in a fortnight, two new variants now also available
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS recalled in the US
- NewsJaguar F-Type now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol, starting at Rs 90.93 lakh
- NewsIndian Automotive Artist Vidita Singh to exhibit her art work at Pebble Beach Concours
- NewsVolkswagen I.D R Pikes Peak wins hill climb shootout at 2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed
- NewsTVS Apache RR310 can now be had with an Akrapovic Racing Line exhaust system
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS to have a 2-3 month long waiting period in India
- NewsYamaha Cygnus Ray ZR Street Rally launched in India at Rs 57,898
- NewsMobile showroom from Audi to tour more than 30 cities in India