2018 Indian Scout Bobber India launch on November 24, 2017
Indian Motorcycle has announced that the 2018 Indian Scout Bobber will be launched in India on November 24, 2017. The butch looking Indian Scout Bobber was revealed in July 2017. Indian has gone for a more raw looking design on the Bobber instead of the classic cruiser look of the standard Indian Scout. The stripped-down, blacked-out treatment and lowered rear suspension give the Indian Scout Bobber an interesting twist - one that we like. We can't wait to get our hands on the 2018 Indian Scout Bobber and take it places where the regular Scout couldn't have gone. The Indian Scout Bobber should come in at a marginal price rise from the standard Indian Scout at around Rs 16.5 lakh.
It was not too long ago that Indian Motorcycle revealed the stripped and a rugged version of its retro-cool Scout motorcycle, naming it the Scout Bobber. While we had reported that the Bobber will be officially launched in India in the last week of September, the company seems to have delayed its plan by about two months. Company dealerships had begun accepting bookings for a token amount of Rs 50,000, with deliveries beginning shortly after launch.
The 2018 Indian Scout Bobber will be brought to the country through the CBU route. The new design pays homage to the stripped-down builds of America's post-war past. In terms of design, the 2018 Indian Scout Bobber gets tracker-style handlebars while the position of the footpegs has been pushed back by 38mm, changing the seating position. Indian Motorcycle has also added blacked-out wheels that run on knobby tyres. The rear suspension has been lowered by 25mm, and the front gets new telescopic forks.
In addition, there is a new a black headlight nacelle and vented exhaust shields. To make it distinct compared to the regular model, the 2018 Indian Scout Bobber gets a black speedometer, exhaust along with chopped front and rear fenders. Also, it gets new two-tone genuine leather bobber seat and a new fuel tank badge that makes it look totally different from the regular offering. The 2018 Indian Scout Bobber will be available in five shades namely Indian Motorcycle red, thunder black, thunder black smoke, star silver smoke and bronze smoke.
The 1,131cc, liquid-cooled 100PS/97.7Nm motor that powers the 2018 Indian Scout Bobber along with the transmission has been left unchanged from the regular Scout.
Starts Rs 11,99,000
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship
- NewsNew-gen Honda Amaze crosses 50,000 sales mark in five months in India
- NewsF1 2018: Kimi Raikkonen takes victory at US GP
- Review2018 SWM Superdual T road test review
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Five things to know before tomorrow's launch
- NewsTata Motors to organise nation-wide free service camp for its CV range in India
- News2018 Hyundai Santro gets over 14,000 bookings in less than two weeks
- NewsFB Mondial HPS300 launched at Rs Rs 3.37 lakh in India, image gallery
- NewsMercedes-Benz GLC L SUV unveiled, will be sold only in the Chinese market