2018 Indian Scout Bobber launched in India at Rs 12.99 lakh
Indian Motorcycle has launched the 2018 Indian Scout Bobber in India at a price of Rs 12.99 lakh (ex-showroom, pan-India). Interestingly, this is the same price as the Indian Scout on which the Bobber is based. The butch looking Indian Scout Bobber which was revealed in July 2017 has a more raw design in place of the classic cruiser look of the standard Scout. The stripped-down, blacked-out treatment and lowered rear suspension lend the Indian Scout Bobber an even more pleasing twist. We can't wait to get our hands on the 2018 Indian Scout Bobber and take it places where the regular Scout couldn't have gone. Company dealerships had already begun accepting bookings for a token amount of Rs 50,000, with deliveries beginning now.
Indian Motorcycle had revealed the stripped and a rugged version of its retro-cool Indian Scout motorcycle, naming it the Scout Bobber, earlier this year. While we had reported that the Bobber will be officially launched in India in the last week of September, the company seems to have delayed its plan by about two months. Earlier this month, images of the Scout Bobber were already leaked, as was a supposed price of Rs 13.95 lakh. The 1,131cc, liquid-cooled V-twin motor that powers the 2018 Indian Scout Bobber, producing 100PS/97.7Nm, along with the six-speed transmission has been left unchanged from the standard Scout.
The 2018 Indian Scout Bobber will be brought to the country via the CBU route. The new design pays homage to the stripped-down bobber builds of America's post-war past. The Scout Bobber gets tracker-style handlebars while the position of the footpegs has been pushed back by 38mm, changing the seating position. Indian Motorcycle has also added blacked-out wheels that run on knobby tyres. The rear suspension has been lowered by 25mm, and the front gets new telescopic forks.
In addition, there is a new a black headlight nacelle and vented exhaust shields. To make it distinct compared to the regular model, the 2018 Indian Scout Bobber gets a black speedometer, exhaust along with chopped front and rear fenders. Also, it gets new two-tone genuine leather bobber seat and a new fuel tank badge that makes it look totally different from the regular offering. The 2018 Indian Scout Bobber will be available in five shades namely Indian Motorcycle red, thunder black, thunder black smoke, star silver smoke and bronze smoke.
Starts Rs 11,99,000
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh