2018 Indian Scout Bobber revealed
The images of the motorcycle that you see below might look similar but with distinguishing bits. And that is because Indian Motorcycle has just revealed the 2018 Scout Bobber at in Minneapolis, Minnesota. While the new offering is based on the Scout, it gets cosmetic additions that makes it look rugged and in turn gives an aggressive touch to the otherwise retro cool design.
Indian Motorcycle states that the new design pays a homage to the stripped-down builds of America's post-war past. In terms of design, the 2018 Indian Scout Bobber gets a tracker styled handlebars while the position of the footpegs have been pushed back towards the rear by 38mm. This has also made a change in the riding position by making it more forward biased. Indian Motorcycle has also added blackened wheels that run on knobby tyres. There has been changes in the suspension setup as well, wherein the rear suspension has been lowered by 25mm. Also, the front gets new telescopic forks.
In addition, there is a new a black headlight nacelle and vented exhaust shields. To make it distinct compared to the regular model, the 2018 Indian Scout Bobber gets a black speedometer, exhaust along with chopped front and rear fenders. Also, it gets new two-tone genuine leather bobber seat and a new fuel tank badge that makes it look totally different from the regular offering. The 2018 Indian Scout Bobber will be available in five shades namely Indian Motorcycle red, thunder black, thunder black smoke, star silver smoke and bronze smoke.
The 1,131cc, liquid-cooled 100PS/97.7Nm motor that powers the 2018 Indian Scout Bobber along with the transmission has been left unchanged from the regular Scout.
The 2018 Indian Scout Bobber will arrive at international dealerships in September this year at a starting price of $11,499 that is equivalent to Rs 7.40 lakh (without import duties). This makes it $200 more premium than the regular model. We believe post its international launch, the 2018 Indian Scout Bobber should arrive in India sometime next year.
Starts Rs 11,99,000
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works