2018 INMRC: New MRF tyres drops lap times across categories in Round 2
The second round of the 2018 MRF MMSC FMSCI Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship is currently underway at the Madras Motor Race Track in Chennai. The event consists of five categories of races - Super Stock Indian, Pro-Stock 165cc, Pro-Stock 301-400cc, Novice(Stock, up to 165cc), and Girls (Stock, up to 165cc).
KY Ahamed (No.33) who topped the Super Sport Indian 165cc class during free practice session.
In the Super Stock Indian and Pro-Stock 165cc events held concurrently, the free practice sessions saw KY Ahamed of TVS Racing, his teammate and defending champions Jagan Kumar, and Sarath Kumar of Honda Ten 10 Racing all in the 1m 56s bracket, with others following closely. In the qualifying session for the Super Sport Indian 165cc held on July 6, Jagan Kumar made his way to pole position with apersonal best time of 1m 55.625s.
Karthik Mateti of Sparks Racing topped the free practice sessions in the Novice (Stock, up to 165cc) category 2m 0.975s time, Hyderabad's Satyanarayana Raju of Gusto Racing went quickest in the 301-400cc and Ryhana Bee (Sparks Racing) topped among the girls.
Jagan Kumar (TVS Racing) from Chennai who took pole position in the Super Sport Indian 165cc class
Raju dominated the 301-400cc class on Day Two as well, qualifying on pole and then bettering his time 1m 54.744s during his lights-to-flag run. This helped Gusto Racing achieve a 1-2 finish with Kozhikode's Amarnath Menon coming in second.
In the qualifying sessions for the other categories on the second day, Mithun Kumar of Honda Ten10 Racing topped the Pro-Stock 165cc category. The Novice 165cc saw Alexander AS (Sparks Racing) come out on top with Sruthi Nagarajan topping in the girls' outing.
Hyderabad's Satyanarayana Raju (Gusto Racing) in action while winning the Pro-Stock 301-400cc race
MRF supplied slick tyres for the Super Sport Indian (165cc), and the Pro-Stock 301-400c classes which led to times drop by around two seconds in free practice itself. Riders appreciated the tyres for more grip and consequently better confidence around corners.
- Review2019 Volvo S60 first drive review
- NewsNew-generation Maruti Suzuki Ertiga teased in pre-launch video
- News2018 Datsun Go and Go Plus in South Africa: Top five facts
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test