2018 INMRC: New MRF tyres drops lap times across categories in Round 2
The second round of the 2018 MRF MMSC FMSCI Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship is currently underway at the Madras Motor Race Track in Chennai. The event consists of five categories of races - Super Stock Indian, Pro-Stock 165cc, Pro-Stock 301-400cc, Novice(Stock, up to 165cc), and Girls (Stock, up to 165cc).
KY Ahamed (No.33) who topped the Super Sport Indian 165cc class during free practice session.
In the Super Stock Indian and Pro-Stock 165cc events held concurrently, the free practice sessions saw KY Ahamed of TVS Racing, his teammate and defending champions Jagan Kumar, and Sarath Kumar of Honda Ten 10 Racing all in the 1m 56s bracket, with others following closely. In the qualifying session for the Super Sport Indian 165cc held on July 6, Jagan Kumar made his way to pole position with apersonal best time of 1m 55.625s.
Karthik Mateti of Sparks Racing topped the free practice sessions in the Novice (Stock, up to 165cc) category 2m 0.975s time, Hyderabad's Satyanarayana Raju of Gusto Racing went quickest in the 301-400cc and Ryhana Bee (Sparks Racing) topped among the girls.
Jagan Kumar (TVS Racing) from Chennai who took pole position in the Super Sport Indian 165cc class
Raju dominated the 301-400cc class on Day Two as well, qualifying on pole and then bettering his time 1m 54.744s during his lights-to-flag run. This helped Gusto Racing achieve a 1-2 finish with Kozhikode's Amarnath Menon coming in second.
In the qualifying sessions for the other categories on the second day, Mithun Kumar of Honda Ten10 Racing topped the Pro-Stock 165cc category. The Novice 165cc saw Alexander AS (Sparks Racing) come out on top with Sruthi Nagarajan topping in the girls' outing.
Hyderabad's Satyanarayana Raju (Gusto Racing) in action while winning the Pro-Stock 301-400cc race
MRF supplied slick tyres for the Super Sport Indian (165cc), and the Pro-Stock 301-400c classes which led to times drop by around two seconds in free practice itself. Riders appreciated the tyres for more grip and consequently better confidence around corners.
- NewsNational Racing Championship 2018 : Arjun Narendran dominates the ITC class in Round 3
- News2018 Blancpain GT Series Asia: Aditya Patel and OD Racing finish in the points at Fuji Speedway
- News2018 Baja Aragon: Sherco TVS factory rally team's Michael Metge wins 35th edition of event
- NewsFCA appoints Mike Manley as the new CEO
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT to be launched in India in early September
- NewsConfirmed: Bajaj Auto to introduce Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 and Svartpilen 401 motorcycles in India next year
- NewsNew Hyundai Santro/Atos spotted testing again before launch
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300