2018 INMRC: TVS Racing reveals plans and rider line-up for the season
TVS Racing, the race division of TVS Motors has announced its plans and the rider line up for the 2018 Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship (INMRC). The season begins on June 8, 2018, and the first race will be held at the Kari Motor Speedway in Coimbatore.
The team will be competing in two categories, the Group B Supersport and the Group C Pro Stock. The 2017 champion, Jagan Kumar, who races for TVS Racing will be looking to retain his crown in 2018. Last year, the championship battle between him and Rajiv Sethu (Honda Ten 10 Racing) was down to the wire. In the end, Jagan Kumar emerged victorious after Rajiv crashed in the final race. Jagan will be joined by his teammates, KY Ahamed and Deepak Ravi Kumar. In the Pro-Stock category up to 165cc Kannan S and Sivanesan S will represent TVS Racing.
TVS will also introduce the Apache RR 310 One Make Series in the Open category. The Apache RR 310 race bike features a free-flow exhaust, race tuned ECU, improved induction system, and rear-set footpegs for increased ground clearance. The 12 riders for the Apache RR 310 one make championship were selected on the basis of their lap times at the Madras Motor Race Track (MMRT) in Chennai during the selection round that was held recently.
The TVS One Make Series will witness 16 racers battle it out in the Novice category as well as the Ladies One Make Series. In addition, TVS will also run the Young Media Racer Program this year as well. We attended the Program last year and it gave us a chance to experience the life of a motorcycle racer. Riders will hop on to the Apache RTR 200 Race Edition 2.0. It is powered by an oil-cooled single cylinder engine that develops 24PS and boasts a slipper clutch.
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000