2018 Jaguar E-Pace unveiled in the UK
Jaguar has taken the wraps off its new SUV, the E-Pace, at a glittering event in the UK. The five-seat, compact SUV, says Jaguar, packs in the style and performance of a Jaguar sportscar into a spacious and capable all-wheel-drive vehicle.
The SUV certainly looks very stylish with its large Jaguar grille, beefed-up wheel arches and pinched windowline. The E-Pace is 4,395mm long with a wheelbase of 2,681mm. The short front and rear overhangs should translate to decent off-road capability. It has a boot capacity of 577 litres.
Inside, the E-Pace is swathed in premium upholstery and quality materials. The speedboat style, leather-wrapped wraparound dashboard is typically Jaguar. There is grab handle that's for the passenger, similar to what you see in the F-Pace.
The digital instrument panel measures 12.3 inches and has a crisp HD display. The TFT full-colour heads-up display projects important information on the windscreen, making it easier for the driver to focus on the road ahead.
The new 10-inch Touch pro-infotainment system gels with the design of the dashboard.
The E-Pace has been launched with two engine options, one petrol and one diesel. The 2-litre, 4-cylinder, turbocharged petrol motor develops 249PS and 365Nm of torque. Jaguar claims a 0-100kmph time of 7 seconds and a top speed of 230kmph.
The 4-cylinder diesel motor, on the other hand, displaces 2 litres and produces 150PS and 350Nm. Claimed 0-100 time is 10.5 seconds and top speed is rated at 193PS.
Watch the introduction video here:
- NewsHyundai Venue SUV to get iMT clutchless manual gearbox with 1.0-litre turbo
- NewsBSVI Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI to get automatic option in September 2020
- NewsAudi e-tron S and Audi e-tron S Sportback electric SUVs revealed
- NewsMG Gloster SUV teased on Indian website, here's everything you need to know
- NewsMaruti Suzuki launches subscription services
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block