2018 Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace get new 300PS Ingenium petrol engine
The updated F-Pace, XE and XF get a new 300PS/400Nm 2.0-litre 4-cylinder Ingenium petrol engine paired with the new ZF 8-speed transmission. The new engine includes twin-scroll turbos with ceramic ball bearings. It is claimed to reduce friction.
There is also a high-flow compressor wheel. Jaguar claims that the F-Pace can go from naught to 100kmph in 5.7 seconds and deliver a mileage of 7.7kmpl. The XE, meanwhile, goes from 0 to 100kmph in a claimed 5.5 seconds and gives a mileage of 7.2kmpl, and the new XF does it in 5.2 seconds and delivers an economy of 6.9kmpl. The new engine is being manufactured at the company's UK facility.
It was only earlier this year that JLR had introduced the 200PS 2.0-litre 4-cylinder Ingenium petrol engines for the XE and XF. A 250PS 2.0-litre 4-cylinder petrol variant and a 240PS 2.0-litre 4-cylinder twin-turbo diesel engines joined the fray later.
It is expected that JLR will bring these engines into its Indian line-up soon.
Starts Rs 35.85 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsFormula E: Daniel Abt leads Audi one-two at home race in Berlin
- FeaturesVideo worth watching: The Frankenstein E28 BMW 5 Series
- NewsTennis-ace Rafael Nadal to be race starter for this year's 24 Hours of Le Mans
- NewsSavsol automotive engine oils and lubricants relaunched in India with revised positioning
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Nico Rosberg and his Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing
- NewsConfirmed: Hyundai Creta SUV facelift to be launched in India on May 21
- NewsCox and Kings launches Self-Drive 365 holiday planning service
- ReviewKia K900 first drive review
- NewsBMW iNext autonomous electric crossover teased, will be their new technology flagship
- News2019 Aston Martin Vantage production begins at Gaydon, Warwickshire