2018 Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace get new 300PS Ingenium petrol engine
The updated F-Pace, XE and XF get a new 300PS/400Nm 2.0-litre 4-cylinder Ingenium petrol engine paired with the new ZF 8-speed transmission. The new engine includes twin-scroll turbos with ceramic ball bearings. It is claimed to reduce friction.
There is also a high-flow compressor wheel. Jaguar claims that the F-Pace can go from naught to 100kmph in 5.7 seconds and deliver a mileage of 7.7kmpl. The XE, meanwhile, goes from 0 to 100kmph in a claimed 5.5 seconds and gives a mileage of 7.2kmpl, and the new XF does it in 5.2 seconds and delivers an economy of 6.9kmpl. The new engine is being manufactured at the company's UK facility.
It was only earlier this year that JLR had introduced the 200PS 2.0-litre 4-cylinder Ingenium petrol engines for the XE and XF. A 250PS 2.0-litre 4-cylinder petrol variant and a 240PS 2.0-litre 4-cylinder twin-turbo diesel engines joined the fray later.
It is expected that JLR will bring these engines into its Indian line-up soon.
Starts Rs 35.85 Lakhs
- News2019 Mercedes Benz GLC Coupe unveiled - India bound?
- NewsToyota will borrow Maruti Suzuki's platform to produce their version of the Ertiga
- Review2019 BMW F 750 GS first ride review
- NewsPower parts and other accessories for the KTM 790 Duke
- NewsBenelli India receives 150 bookings for TRK 502 and TRK 502X