2018 Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace get new 300PS Ingenium petrol engine
The updated F-Pace, XE and XF get a new 300PS/400Nm 2.0-litre 4-cylinder Ingenium petrol engine paired with the new ZF 8-speed transmission. The new engine includes twin-scroll turbos with ceramic ball bearings. It is claimed to reduce friction.
There is also a high-flow compressor wheel. Jaguar claims that the F-Pace can go from naught to 100kmph in 5.7 seconds and deliver a mileage of 7.7kmpl. The XE, meanwhile, goes from 0 to 100kmph in a claimed 5.5 seconds and gives a mileage of 7.2kmpl, and the new XF does it in 5.2 seconds and delivers an economy of 6.9kmpl. The new engine is being manufactured at the company's UK facility.
It was only earlier this year that JLR had introduced the 200PS 2.0-litre 4-cylinder Ingenium petrol engines for the XE and XF. A 250PS 2.0-litre 4-cylinder petrol variant and a 240PS 2.0-litre 4-cylinder twin-turbo diesel engines joined the fray later.
It is expected that JLR will bring these engines into its Indian line-up soon.
Starts Rs 44.98 Lakhs
- News2020 Porsche Cayenne Coupe launched in India at Rs 1.31 crore
- NewsVintage vehicles may soon be exempt from scrappage policies
- NewsBMW to introduce wireless Android Auto in its vehicles by July 2020
- News2020 Skoda Rapid facelift unveiled in Russia
- NewsMaserati line-up in India gets Ferrari-built V6 petrol engines