2018 Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace get new 300PS Ingenium petrol engine
The updated F-Pace, XE and XF get a new 300PS/400Nm 2.0-litre 4-cylinder Ingenium petrol engine paired with the new ZF 8-speed transmission. The new engine includes twin-scroll turbos with ceramic ball bearings. It is claimed to reduce friction.
There is also a high-flow compressor wheel. Jaguar claims that the F-Pace can go from naught to 100kmph in 5.7 seconds and deliver a mileage of 7.7kmpl. The XE, meanwhile, goes from 0 to 100kmph in a claimed 5.5 seconds and gives a mileage of 7.2kmpl, and the new XF does it in 5.2 seconds and delivers an economy of 6.9kmpl. The new engine is being manufactured at the company's UK facility.
It was only earlier this year that JLR had introduced the 200PS 2.0-litre 4-cylinder Ingenium petrol engines for the XE and XF. A 250PS 2.0-litre 4-cylinder petrol variant and a 240PS 2.0-litre 4-cylinder twin-turbo diesel engines joined the fray later.
It is expected that JLR will bring these engines into its Indian line-up soon.
Starts Rs 44.98 Lakhs
- NewsFounder of Nikola Motor, fuel-cell transit revolutionary, resigns amidst claims of fraud
- NewsTata Nexon EV subscription rates dropped for limited period, now at Rs 34,900
- NewsMG Hector gets dual-tone colour options, prices start from Rs 16.84 lakh
- NewsHyundai Tucson and Elantra get new warranty and maintenance plan
- Review2020 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Turbo road test review