2018 Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace get new 300PS Ingenium petrol engine
The updated F-Pace, XE and XF get a new 300PS/400Nm 2.0-litre 4-cylinder Ingenium petrol engine paired with the new ZF 8-speed transmission. The new engine includes twin-scroll turbos with ceramic ball bearings. It is claimed to reduce friction.
There is also a high-flow compressor wheel. Jaguar claims that the F-Pace can go from naught to 100kmph in 5.7 seconds and deliver a mileage of 7.7kmpl. The XE, meanwhile, goes from 0 to 100kmph in a claimed 5.5 seconds and gives a mileage of 7.2kmpl, and the new XF does it in 5.2 seconds and delivers an economy of 6.9kmpl. The new engine is being manufactured at the company's UK facility.
It was only earlier this year that JLR had introduced the 200PS 2.0-litre 4-cylinder Ingenium petrol engines for the XE and XF. A 250PS 2.0-litre 4-cylinder petrol variant and a 240PS 2.0-litre 4-cylinder twin-turbo diesel engines joined the fray later.
It is expected that JLR will bring these engines into its Indian line-up soon.
Starts Rs 35.85 Lakhs
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing
- NewsThe Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign concept is headed to production in 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV seven-seater version to debut in 2019, one of three major Tata launches next year
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Skoda Scala
- News2019 Skoda Scala premium hatchback unveiled internationally
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India crosses the 40 lakh sales milestone
- Review2019 Tata Harrier first drive review
- NewsKia Motors India donates Niro Hybrid, Niro PHEV and Niro EV to Andhra Government, signs MoU
- NewsWatch the Skoda Scala hatchback's international debut here live